MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

6/30/10
Hi, I’m thinking about setting up a RAID0 using the Disk Utility RAID options. My question is, now do you get warnings/errors/hardware failure notifications? Is this something that you do manually? On external RAID enclosures, there are usually lights signaling the ... (3 Comments)
6/30/10
I am highly considering switching to a Mac from my old PC. I have recently read your book, and it doesn’t really state an opinion on each of the office suites. Which one would you recommend:iWork or Microsoft Office for Mac? — Ethan ... (4 Comments)
6/30/10
I’m stuck on the Studio beats by dre and the sony extra bass 50 mm driver headphones.I liten to house hip-hop and rap so I need bass.I just want to know your opinion. Thanks — George Hill ... (5 Comments)
6/30/10
Hi Gary, I’m considering buying a casebag for my macbook 13 (new unibody design) and I was wondering what are the considerations vis-a-vis venting out the heat from the machine and what sort of bag design to avoid? There’s a bag which covers a quarter of the vent fan ... (1 Comment)
6/30/10
Hi Gary How do I create the plugin that will list Automator as an option when I right click on a number of files? — Jan ... (1 Comment)
6/30/10
I have a new iMac and have transferred all my iTunes however every time I sync to my iMac I lose all my calender and nothing on iCal please help I use Microsoft office on my old computer!!! — Vicki ... (3 Comments)
6/30/10
How to import video from iPhone 4 to iMovie. When I connect the phone to my Mac and lunch iMovie It not working. Thank you. — Ebay ... (3 Comments)
6/29/10
Hey Gary, I have a big problem. My MagSafe Contacts do not seem to work anymore. I have a late 09′ MacBook, still got Warranty. So, can I send it to an Apple Retailer or something and they will fix it for free or am I totally screwed now and have to pay money to get it ... (2 Comments)
6/29/10
How do you send a iCal event as an invitation using Automator? — Thomas Williams ... (1 Comment)
6/29/10
I download outlook OutlookExpress506ENU.bin file from net but at the time of installation it shows There is no default application specified to open the document cancel choose application And i want to import eudora mails to Outlook express to outlook 2007 I ... (1 Comment)
6/29/10
Gary, I have the following problem (searched many other forums already but no solution): I upgraded my 16GB 3G IPhone to OS4. Initially I tried it via update but the backup got stuck at about 0.5% even when leaving it over night. I then removed my photos and music to see whether ... (1 Comment)
6/28/10
Hey Gary, I have 2 problems that i’ve been dealing with for months! First Problem: Whenever i turn on my mac, the apple logo never shows up, usually i wait about 5 minutes and it pops up. The only i can make it pop up fast is hold option and choose my drive. Any ... (1 Comment)
6/28/10
Gary, Thanks for all you insightful help. I’ve recently purchased the Apple Time Capsule and think it’s great. However, when it does its normal 15 minute interval back-up process, it automatically changes my Mac’s active “Spaces” Screen to Screen ... (1 Comment)
6/28/10
Hi Gary! I noticed that there are a lot of fonts in Font Book that are in a language I don’t speak. I don’t see any reason for them to really be there and was wondering if there’s a list of fonts that the Mac needs in order to function. I’m thinking of ... (1 Comment)
6/27/10
For several years, video clips have automatically downloaded, along with stills, to iPhoto from my Sanyo VPC-C6. For some reason the last two downloads did not include any videos. They are still in the camera. Any thoughts? — Cara ... (2 Comments)
6/26/10
Hi Gary, I’ve seen your video on Keychain but I’m still fuzzy on some aspects…if I don’t use Safari’s autoremember passwords…is it possible to create a fresh master password keychain (non login) that will store all my passwords and prompt me ... (1 Comment)
6/26/10
Hey Gary, are there any different between the ipad 3G and the ipad wi-fi regard to the reception of the wireless network. I heard that the ipad 3G have much butter reception because it has a pice of plastic at the back but the wi-fi does not it is all aluminium. What you ... (1 Comment)
6/26/10
Hi Gary, I upgraded to my 3GS to iOS4 and can’t get landscape mode or cover flow to work. Are you hearing any problems with this happening? Maybe I changed a setting by accident? Any suggestions on how to “fix” this? Thanks. — Russ Winkler ... (2 Comments)
6/25/10
What’s the easiest way to copy a music cd. It was pretty simple with a pc but I don’t know if I should use quick time or disk utilities. — Barbara ... (2 Comments)
6/25/10
Hi Gary, I’ve read that some are experiencing problems with the new iPhone 4, such as bad reception. How are your experiences with it so far? I’m thinking about buying one, but I want to be sure that I don’t regret buying it. Also, I’m considering the ... (1 Comment)