MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

6/4/10
Which do you like and why for creating demos? — Barry Chertov ... (1 Comment)
6/4/10
I’m using a airport extreme router and a hughsnet modem. when i enable back to my mac it says there are 2 devices using NAT. i tried unbridging the router but lost the internet connection is there a way to turn it off on the router, or what is the best solution — ... (1 Comment)
6/4/10
Hi Gary, i was wondering can you tell me the list of graphic cards from best worst? i’ve always been wondering what the list was for mac. -John — John Belarmino ... (2 Comments)
6/4/10
Is there any difference between the USB cable that comes with the iPad and the one that comes with the iPhone? I’m hoping not, so that I can just have one plugged into my computer and then swap the iPhone and iPad as needed. And they certainly look the same. Thanks. — ... (1 Comment)
6/4/10
How do I get Facebook Apps like Cafe World and Farkle to play on the iPad….they start to load and then just stop. If they’re flash files, can I download something for them to load or is it not possible? Thank you for your help. — Janice V. ... (1 Comment)
6/4/10
When I get my first mac, I realize that it would probably be in my best interest to have a copy of Windows 7 installed on the computer. Through my University I can purchase discounted copies of Windows 7 (32-bit and 64-bit). The website states that “Operating system for PCs ... (1 Comment)
6/4/10
I am going into college, and I am interested into getting my first mac. I want to also be able to easily record the lectures, and I was planning on using a simple digital voice recorder. Some of the digital voice recorders advertised that they can save audio files as WAV, and ... (1 Comment)
6/4/10
I have 50 some odd notes in my Mac Mail account that sync with my iPhone. No problem there. The only issue is a couple of the notes subjects are highlighted brown, and quite a few of the notes subjects have brown text. All the rest are plain black and white. What is the ... (1 Comment)
6/3/10
Does ichat work well with other people who do not have a mac? If so, is there any drawbacks or features that will not work in ichat with the person who owns a pc? Finally, If I have an AIM account and a google talk account, I am able to talk with people from both accounts at the ... (7 Comments)
6/3/10
Hi, I have a 8 Gb usb drive that crashed. I lost all my data. I plug it in my mac regularly and i would like it to automatically back itself up on the imac. I have time-machine so that way i would get another backup as well. Tim — Tim van Waardenburg ... (8 Comments)
6/2/10
Hi. Video (mp4) files refuse to transfer from my Sony digital camera to my iPad, using Apple’s camera connection kit, either via usb or card. I’m able to do it in a round-about way by dropping into iTunes, then synching. But I wanted an easier and more direct way to ... (7 Comments)
6/2/10
Hi David, I currently have a 20″ iMac, I currently have a Video card issue (Video Ram failure) with it and Apple is going to send me a 21.5″ iMac 3.06GHZ 4GB Ram, 500GB hard drive. My question for you is, since I have been using Time Machine, can I use this to ... (1 Comment)
6/2/10
When creating a password for an internet site and having Safari remember the password, is the password saved in Safari or does the password get saved in Keychain? Does Keychain remember all of your passwords that you have across the computer? Finally , does one need a password to ... (1 Comment)
6/2/10
I’m thinking of switching over to a Mac Mini at work and was wondering if there’s a way of importing all your existing Windows Thunderbird emails into the Mail.app — Wian Marx ... (1 Comment)
5/31/10
I had some vhs tapes converted to dvds. I can play them but I’d like to download them so they can be edited in iMovie. Is there a way or a program that allows Universal Disk Format to be downloaded to the hard disk and used in iMovie? — Bruce ... (12 Comments)
5/31/10
I am looking to increase the ram in a new 21.5″ iMac it is the model with 3.06 ghz processing speed and currently has 4gb of ram. I’m looking to upgrade to 8gb or even possibly 16gb. What is the best/least expensive/easiest way to do so? I realize those terms ... (1 Comment)
5/31/10
How can I send an auto reply with an auto-playing video attached? How can I send an auto reply with an auto-playing audio attached? — Focus ... (3 Comments)
5/31/10
Is there any way to connect to a Windows work group with the iPad? I want to be able to connect and move files and photos from my home Windows XP computer… one would think this was doable and then also share a network printer…. Any ideas? or and I just crazy.. ... (2 Comments)
5/29/10
Hey Gary I understand that there are many web hosting sites. However I respect your opinion. I have a iWeb page through mobile me but I would like to register an domain name. Who do you recommend for hosting a domain name? — Michael ... (3 Comments)
5/28/10
Best way to convert DVDs to the Ipad? — Mauricio ... (1 Comment)