MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

6/10/10
Hi Gary, I loaded Safari 5 but I do not see the “reader” icon in the address bar. I see RSS. Is there a way to turn this on? Thanks, Jason — Jason ... (1 Comment)
6/10/10
hey ive recently purchased a new macbook pro 15″ 2.4ghz i5 im new to mac and my question is should i get applecare im in the uk apllecare is £279 for my model i understand i have up to a year to buy but is it worth the money?are macs reliable ?what do you guys suggest ... (5 Comments)
6/10/10
Hello, I`m new at this Computer game and your website was suggested to me by friends, hope you can help. I downloaded several desktop pictures from various websites and saved them to “Desktop Pictures” but they all went into in my “Apple images” folder. ... (1 Comment)
6/10/10
I’m concerned about what you said regarding the Safari 5 Reader and its potential for driving countless sources of great ad-supported information off-line. Do you see any silver linings around this cloud? The Safari team (and Steve Jobs) certainly know of the bad fallout ... (1 Comment)
6/9/10
Does anybody know how can I get back the good old black background that used to be in Top Sites/ History in Safari 4? — Odpadnem ... (2 Comments)
6/9/10
Hello … i recieve alot of e-mails with .wmv files attached, my Iphone does not play these files … is there any way or an app that i must download to make there attachments work ? p.s. i am using Iphone 3GS Thank you — Alaa ... (2 Comments)
6/9/10
My iMac hesitates and gives me the beach ball most of the time. I’ve tried some of the things in disk utility. Nothing seems to help. Is there a problem with spotlight maybe? If anyone can help, please do. — Larry Jordan ... (1 Comment)
6/9/10
Gary, I love your video podcasts and suggest them to others needing help on one of your featured topics. Since installing a Flash blocker my old G5 runs cooler and quieter and I’m not assaulted by as many ads, which is all great, but it does make things like watching your ... (1 Comment)
6/8/10
Gary do you know any software for the mac that can produce MPEG4 movies with titles and theme. I want to burn on DVD for viewing. idVD don’t cut it for me, not good quality. I have HD TV’s. iDVD only does MPEG 2 format. — Richard ... (1 Comment)
6/8/10
Hi Gary, Just bought a mac pro and need your help. How do i import all my emails from microsoft outlook to mac mailbox/ entourage — nilesh panpaliya ... (1 Comment)
6/8/10
I have all my photos stored on external hard drive. My iTunes and music is on the same drive. Yet, while I have no problem syncing the iPad for music, apps etc. with my iTunes, I can’t seem to sync my photos. Why is that? How do I solve it? — Ruth ... (4 Comments)
6/8/10
I was just wondering if Apple is done presenting all of their new features and products as of Monday. Does Apple spend one day presenting all of their stuff, or will they be presenting stuff all week? Will the rest of the week simply be dedicated to third-party companies showing ... (1 Comment)
6/7/10
Hi everyone My MacBook Pro won’t boot from the 10.6 Snow Leopard DVD. It reboots, then the apple logo shows up, it spins endlessly, and then the screen goes black. I press the power button, then I can hear the drive spinning, but nothing ever happens. Any ideas? Btw: Snow ... (9 Comments)
6/7/10
Dear All, I am burning some dvd’s using Handbrake and converting/stripping audio from video files using ffmpegx…I’m aware that a shadow copy of the file gets deposited in a folder and remains there until the folder is emptied. The folder accumulates a great ... (2 Comments)
6/7/10
Hi Gary, I have two questions for you 1. I saw the episode about deleting applications and how it leaves behind garbage such as support files. I was wondering, does only applications leave behind garbage? Will deleting documents, photos, videos, etc leave behind supporting files? ... (3 Comments)
6/7/10
I am having an issue sending email from my ipad. I am using the same settings from my iphone and home computer and I have no issues with those. the error I get tells me the sender address is incorrect. I have checked and rechecked and all is correct. Any idea how to fix this ... (7 Comments)
6/5/10
I was told this movie was made on a mac. Do you know what feature does the letters in this movie? — John ... (1 Comment)
6/5/10
I have the myvu goggles for the iPhone, they work just fine. Although I wish I could use them to read from the kindle app or other reading apps on the iPhone. One of the reasons TV is so mainstream and got there there so quickly is because is is ergonomically easy to watch. But ... (1 Comment)
6/5/10
Hav you seen the bamboo pad from wabcom? just wondering what you think? I’m thinking of getting it. — Frank Upham ... (1 Comment)
6/4/10
Which do you like and why for creating demos? — Barry Chertov ... (1 Comment)