MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

5/28/10
For some reason, IPhoto will not see my iPhone anymore and I can’t seem to import pictures that I have taken on the phone into iPhoto. I have checked my settings – but I can’t see anything there. Can you help? I have an IPad and when I connect that – ... (4 Comments)
5/27/10
hi i want to use the imovie from my old leopard cd and install it on to my snow leopard. can u tell if that can be done. — koganti ... (2 Comments)
5/27/10
What is the cheapest way to purchase apple care? I see better prices on Amazon but concerned it wont be for my device since the cost is so much different. — Mike ... (1 Comment)
5/27/10
Hi Gary, I use MacMail and wold like to be able to take an email and drop it into Ical/BusyCal – – – it could be a To-Do or just an email I want to deal with in the next day or so. I don’t know why I can’t just drag and drop it like other Mac ... (3 Comments)
5/27/10
The start of this is I want to create a shape that I draw, put a photo in it and blur the edges. I have some photos that don’t blur the way I want the edges to in iPhoto. (still don’t have the answer) In searching for an answer, I learned there are hidden frames, ... (2 Comments)
5/26/10
Gary, I have a MacPro 3.0Ghz first generation using OS X 10.5.8 with Quicktime 7.6.6 (1674) and iTunes 9. I have saved several video files with “mpg” file ext. format. The play perfectly with VLP player but I have no sound in either Quicktime or iTunes. Quicktime ... (1 Comment)
5/26/10
Although I have had my iPhone for a little over 2 years now, I am new to Macs and just got my new iMac a couple months ago. I signed up for a MobileMe account and now trying to sync my iMac’s iCal calendar on my iPhone. After several failed attempts (newbie) I got it, but ... (8 Comments)
5/26/10
Hi Gary, Do you have plans on a video on how to create smart playlists in iTunes? Thanks, Jason — Jason ... (1 Comment)
5/25/10
Hi Gary, i was wondering where i can find the snow leeopard on leopard intro movie because i have tiger. thanks — John Belarmino ... (2 Comments)
5/25/10
Having watched recent MacMost videos, I have switched to using TextEdit for most of my word processing needs. This is working fine, but there is one minor irritant left. When I open a new file, the default view size is 100% which is too small for me – I always change this ... (5 Comments)
5/24/10
Apple advertises that iwork integrates well with Mathtype and Endnote. I am well aware of the capabilities of Mathtype and how useful it is to create nice looking equations. However, I am unsure of what exactly Endnote does. I was wondering if you were familiar with the software ... (1 Comment)
5/24/10
Is there an external hard drive that you would recommend using for Time Machine or simple file storage. I am looking for a relatively low costing but reliable hard drive that does not have any additional software to install. I want to be able to plug it in and set it up with ... (1 Comment)
5/23/10
Hi Gary, Just listened to your podcast on this, but was expecting you to include iWork.com as a fourth way. Did you leave that out for a reason? Thanks. — Glenn Downing ... (1 Comment)
5/23/10
How do I retrieve the photos which I’ve taken with my iPhone? I use a MacBook Pro. Sorry — new(ish) to the MacBook and can’t figure out how to get those darned iPhone photos backed up! Thank you very much, Mike Raines — Mike Raines ... (2 Comments)
5/23/10
Hi, I am a project manager and I am getting an iPad with 3G integrated to facilitate the email and company’s shared web calendars. But also I have the need of scanning documents from a portable scanner in my car and submit the info via email. Will the iPad work with an ... (6 Comments)
5/22/10
Hi Gary, Keep up the great work on the awesome podcasts! I have been experiencing an intermittent error with my iPhone and now occasionally with my new iPad that reads “iPhone cannot be synced. An unknown error occurred (-27).” If I hit sync again it works ok and ... (6 Comments)
5/22/10
Gary how can i get a consistent volume when i burn a disc from my itunes library. now my volume varys from song to song, from loud to can’t hardly hear it. Thanks Daniel — Daniel ... (1 Comment)
5/22/10
Hi gary i have recently been on the apple store to find a replacement power adaptor for my macbook pro15″5,4 as mine is getting worn and i noticed that the 60w if for the macbook only and it says the 85w is the only one that can charge my pro but mine came with a 60w do you ... (1 Comment)
5/21/10
Hi Garry, Have you come across any good printer apps that will allow you to print from the iPad ? Congrats on the 400th MacMost Video Podcast…. I always look forward to seeing what’s new everyday. — Nash ... (3 Comments)
5/21/10
Is there a way or a tool that will take data on a PDF that’s in a row/column format and copy that into a Spreadsheet and put the data into each cell? Thanks, — Nash ... (4 Comments)