MacMost Q&A Forum • View All Forum QuestionsAsk a Question

What Are These Keyboard Shortcuts?

* What is the keyboard shortcut for 1/2?
* What is the keyboard shortcut for 3/4?
* What is the keyboard shortcut for the symbol ‘divide’?
* What is the keyboard shortcut for the symbol ‘degrees.’ as in degrees Fahrenheit?

Comments: 2 Responses to “What Are These Keyboard Shortcuts?”

    8 months ago

    Use Control+Command+Space. Search for what you want.

    If you want to find out how to type something directly, you won’t find that for things like ½, but you can use System Preferences, Keyboard, Shortcuts and set a shortcut for that. There should be one by default to change 1/2 to ½. You can add your own.

    But for symbols like ° for degrees, go to System Preferences, Keyboard, Input Sources. Select your keyboard on the left. Then look at the keyboard displayed. Now press Shift. Then press Option instead. Then Shift+Option. You’ll see everything you can type using the Shift and Option keys.

    John Smith
    7 months ago

    For “degrees” symbol, Option+Shift+8

Leave a New Comment Related to "What Are These Keyboard Shortcuts?"

0/500 (500 character limit -- please state your comment succinctly and do not try to get around this limit by posting two comments)