Check out What Are These Symbols On My iPhone? at YouTube for closed captioning and more options.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly NewsletterWant all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
All MacMost Shorts...
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
- Mac Basics
- The Practical Guide To Mac Security
- Videos by Category
- Video Archive
- MacMost Online Courses
- Virus and Malware Information Center
- Protect Yourself From Online Scams
- A Graphical Guide To iCloud
- Free iPhone Ringtones
- Recommended Products
- Printable Mac Keyboard Shortcuts PDF
- macOS System Requirements List
- The Practical Guide To Mac Security: Part 5, Security Questions
- How To Retouch and Repair Photos on a Mac
- Crop, Resize and Export an Image With Preview
- How To Use ChatGPT To Help You Write
- How To Paste Without Styles or Formatting on a Mac
- Using Images in Mac Numbers Spreadsheets
- Screen Capture Entire Web Pages On Your Mac (2023)
- Why You Should Never Partition Your Backup Drive
Copyright © 2006-2023 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
I didn't see VPN mentioned. My niece's kid had it showing up on his school supplied iPad. The school district has locked down these iPads so I told her it was benign (I hope) and the school district had them going through a Virtual Private Network for security/tracking and parental controls.
Status icons and symbols on your iPhone
What are the 3 round red lights found top of phone in the black dip area, between the time display and the cell/wifi/battery display for? You can only see them with sunglasses on and when sunshine on screen.
Terry-Lynne: Do you mean in the center, in the notch? Those aren't lights, they are variety of sensors like the front-facing camera, the true-depth camera (for Face ID), the ambient light sensor and some other things depending on the model. Perhaps you are seeing the refection of light in the optics of these sensors.