MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

1/30/10
I’m trying to make a Keynote presentation on Haiti relief that will include some Flash/YouTube vidos. What is the best way to get offline use of these and embed them into Keynote? — Todd Peperkorn ... (1 Comment)
1/29/10
I break my annual family video into several projects (e.g. by month). Is there a way to combine these iMovie 09 projects into a single project while retaining the added audio? — Bill P ... (2 Comments)
1/29/10
Is there a way to sort an email into a mailbox folder directly from the message? I usually have to close the email, drag it from the inbox into the mailbox folder. There has to be a simpler way to do it from the open email. — Leeboy ... (4 Comments)
1/29/10
Has anyone had experience giving webinars using a Mac? I used GotoWebinar once and it worked OK, except that the codec used for recording was only available for Windoze. Wanting to be able to record the webinar for later playback. — Millard Grubb ... (10 Comments)
1/29/10
Hi Gary Yesterday, my Mac needed to be restarted because of a Kernel Panic. My question is: why did the Kernel Panic occur? Extra info: I had iTunes running, Multiple Safari webbpages, Mail, Skype, Adium. But I got a kernel panic when I switched to another user account. Also, I ... (3 Comments)
1/28/10
I have been tracking stock options in the stocks app by put a doy .x at the end, i.e SLVPO.X. Now that the new 22 digit symbols are being used, I can’t figure out how to track these. When I try the new 22 character symbol, it says not recognized. I have have tried the ... (3 Comments)
1/28/10
Does anyone know of any templates either in keynote or PPoint. I can customize photos, etc, but need dimensions — michael ... (4 Comments)
1/28/10
Your podcast about creating iTunes Store links was a keeper. Is there a similar feature for widgets? I want to help introduce new Mac users to both the (included on the Mac) Movie widget and a (downloadable) traffic widget. — Luigi ... (1 Comment)
1/28/10
I have a couple phone/email lists (work employees & a club)of people I don’t need in my contacts, but I want somewhere I can list them and their various emails and work, home and cell numbers. Is there something that might address my needs that you know ... (1 Comment)
1/28/10
I am new to macs. I have herd of Apple Script but don’t know how it works or what it does. I post car ads on racingjunk.com but the pictures take forever to upload. I was wondering if I could use it to automatically run the ads. I don’t change them any each time just ... (1 Comment)
1/27/10
Hi everyone! So I recently switched to a MacBook Pro and love it! Except for the fact that it doesn’t seem to be compatible with my Samsung YP-S3 mp3 player. I had no issues with my mp3 player and my old PC, I connected the player using the included USB cord, used Windows ... (11 Comments)
1/27/10
One of the (only) nice features of MS Word for Windows is the ability to print booklets by using a half pages template (5.5 x 8.5). I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do this in either Pages or Word for Mac. Any ideas? — Todd Peperkorn ... (3 Comments)
1/26/10
I produced a Videotrailer for a customer, saved it as mp4 and delivered it to customer. He put it on his Homepage and I was able to watch it any time I started his Homepage under Leopard. Since upgrading to Snow Leopard I don´t see my own trailer anymore on his page. I still ... (4 Comments)
1/26/10
Hi Gary: I am going out to buy an iPhone 3GS. I have been operating with my Blackberry for business and personal for several years. What if any simple way is there to transfer my address book to my iPhone? There are several hundred numbers, etc. I operate on Mac 10.4 (Tiger). ... (5 Comments)
1/26/10
I know KeyChain Exists. But unless it goes beyond my understanding, I need something else. My household has both Mac and Windows PCs. We want to have a single Password Manager that can generate password, fill in Log-ins & Passwords, via some mechanism sync between a Mac ... (5 Comments)
1/26/10
I **** the os or something like that how i can boot it into target disk mode without the system when i boot it appears a message of please reboot — Sabás ... (2 Comments)
1/25/10
I have a LaCie external 500gb drive that I think is dying or maybe dead. It will mount, and will show that there is 106gb free, but you cannot see any directories, etc. Is there any way of recovering this data? And if so, is this something that Disk Warrior or Drive Genius ... (2 Comments)
1/25/10
Hi Gary, Is there a way to export or share a book created in iPhoto to a disc to share with others…without buying the book from Apple? Thanks, Jason — Jason ... (21 Comments)
1/25/10
I was wondering, I have a powerbook g4 and It has Leopard. I have the original restore disk for it. The Powerbook runs pretty good but I was wondering if it would run better or worse with the original OS. — Daniel M ... (1 Comment)
1/24/10
My daughter got a ipod touch for christmas. I have a password set so she cannot download whatever app she wants. Today she is able to download a few things and it did not ask for a password, Why? — Irene ... (3 Comments)