MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

2/4/10
i got a movie i open the folder and it plays in i movie but i need to burn dvd to have more copies if play in idvd the movie is played but i cannot forward or rewind it . pls help thanks — nirja ... (7 Comments)
2/4/10
i have by mistake deleted an important file from the desk top unfortunately i emptied the trash HOW CAN I GET MY FILE BACK PLEASE HELP!!!THANKS — nirja ... (3 Comments)
2/4/10
i have 3 movies made in avi formet they are in a folder on my desk top how to drag them in i movies i tried putting it but could not thanks — nova ... (7 Comments)
2/3/10
I know that you can delete a movie from an iPod Touch by swiping the title, then tapping the delete. Is there a way to set the system preferences to prevent this from happening. I teach children with various handicapping conditions, and use an iPod and iPod touch often with my ... (1 Comment)
2/3/10
I just installed my Airport Express (circa 2005) on a new network. It plugged in and worked perfectly no problem, but iTunes can’t seem to control the volume on the speakers connected through the Airport Express. Any ideas? — Todd Peperkorn ... (1 Comment)
2/2/10
So I wanted to do a vid with the visual and sound sped up. I’m using Tiger and iMovie 6 on a G4 Powerbook. So I sped up the vid in sections according to my idea. The sound track sped up with it, since I didn’t extract it. Everything was perfect until I played the ... (4 Comments)
2/2/10
I installed 10.3 on my iMac G4 and it had 10.2 on it. It installed fine but after it got done I was did up dates on it. I was re starting it and now all it does is stay on the white screen with the apple logo with the loading circle. Now I can’t get the cd tray out to put ... (10 Comments)
2/2/10
Is there a way or a third-party app that allows synching of Smartgroups in the address book to an iPhone? Seems that with the power of Smartgroups, there should be a way to synch them. Instead, I’m left to manually create groups and add contacts to them. — Michelle ... (4 Comments)
2/2/10
Gary, I must say that I’m really frustrated, still not being able to set up my e-mail account thru my provider using Microsoft’s mail program “Entourage”. I went in manually to do everything I did on my Microsoft Outlook Account on my windows based ... (1 Comment)
2/1/10
To join two one-page PDFs in Leopard, I copied the thumbnail from one PDF to another and saved the resulting file. This no longer works in Snow Leopard. I can drag a thumbnail over, but saving the combined file only includes the original page in the “combined” ... (1 Comment)
2/1/10
i wish to assign task to my project team members do mac has a program in which i can assign task to different people then mail them the list of task and also hand them a print out also their expenses can be noted also i can see on a perticular date what jobs need to be done by ... (1 Comment)
2/1/10
i have recently purchased a itouch 8 gb are there intresting softwares for utility that i can dowmload in itouch from where??/ — nirja ... (2 Comments)
1/31/10
Was wondering what the proper method for formating sd cards that have audio on them? I have tried disk utility, and formated for ms dos, which clears the card but when reloaded and put into my isynphony, doesn’t have any data on it. I’ve tried just placing unwanted ... (1 Comment)
1/31/10
Is it possible to copy the Applications link in Finder to the doc, like one can do with a regular application? I tried to do such, but it didn’t look like I could, but perhaps one must do something other than drag and drop. — Forkboy1965 ... (3 Comments)
1/31/10
Hi Gary, I am starting to think my MacBook battery will need replacing this year. Do you have any recommendations for purchasing a new battery? I see that through Apple is is quite a hefty price. I am assuming the ones I see on Amazon would work fine, but I was hopping for your ... (1 Comment)
1/31/10
can i make folders in mail application like i do in yahoo so that i can sort mails it becomes easy for future reference — nova ... (2 Comments)
1/31/10
Hi Gary, I have a Macbook pro (bought Autumn 2008, Intel 2.4Ghz, running OS 10.5.8) with an aluminum keyboard and have intermittent and random freezes on the trackpad/keyboard. Here in Singapore the apple service provider couldn’t help as there are no details of any ... (2 Comments)
1/31/10
i need to add transactions in the pics in the drop zones when making a project in idvd please help thanks — nirja ... (4 Comments)
1/31/10
Hello! I have a problem, when i export my video from FCE the video was around 2gb & it was just 8 min… How could i compress my video? or how should i export it from FCE? If you can answer both that’d be great. Thanks. — Aleks Barragan ... (1 Comment)
1/30/10
Hello! I’m trying to figure out the following. Am I able to purchase a wireless camera and see its video signal on my macBook. I would then like to take photos with it at set intervals. What I’m trying to do is advance my little stop motion studio. thanks! — ... (2 Comments)