MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

1/24/10
Hello Gary. i just wanna know, if i backup my iPhone through itunes, will my sms messages will be backed up or not??? and i have to change my iPhone in the apple store, so when i get the new one can i restore the sms messages back to my new iphone??????? also, i can access my ... (1 Comment)
1/24/10
All my “PDF” documents open in “Adobe” and not “Preview.” They used to open in Preview automatically before, and now they all open in Adobe. I prefer Preview over Adobe… I know I can find the PDF and go to: “Open With” and ... (1 Comment)
1/24/10
Just switched from PC to Mac and When I went to plug my headset in that has a mic I couldn’t find where to plug in the mic!! Do I have to get a usb headset? — Kate ... (1 Comment)
1/24/10
i made the switch from pc to mac and now I don’t know how to copy a formule result from one file into another file. I have a lot of hour-regitration files of which I will put the sum into one file so I can see the result of all those files in one final file.. can you help ... (2 Comments)
1/23/10
i have a mac book but have finally purchased a mac book pro for my hubby whats the major difference any other advices !!! — nirja ... (1 Comment)
1/23/10
Hi Gary, I have problems starting up my macbook pro with battery pack after using a firewire 800/400 adaptor on it to transfer my movie files from a digital video camera (i only have the firewire 400 wire). I don’t have any problems booting up my macbook pro with power ... (2 Comments)
1/22/10
When I am using Safari right now, it seems to randomly zoom in and maximize the size of a given page, or even go larger than the page. What might be causing that? Is that a “function” of the Magic Mouse that I don’t know about? — Todd Peperkorn ... (1 Comment)
1/22/10
gary im wondering if i have my iMac 27 brightness at full will it burn out my display? — colin ... (2 Comments)
1/21/10
I am looking to buy a Powerbook G4 17 inch Alum and I wanted to know if it had a multitouch trackpad. It has Leopard OS. — Gary McNeil ... (13 Comments)
1/21/10
I’d like to expand the HD capacity of my iMac G5, but I’m reluctant to replace the internal HD. I’d also like to improve the reliability of my TimeMachine HD – I’ve had one of those fail on me. So I’m thinking about adding two RAID arrays; a ... (3 Comments)
1/20/10
Forgive me if this gets long, but I want to get all the facts out there…I’ve had trouble understanding exactly how syncing music to the iPhone works and it’s beginning to bug me. I like to only sync about 600-songs to my iPhone from my iTunes library at any ... (3 Comments)
1/20/10
So I’ve had someone give me a 22 inch HD (720p) LCD TV. Is this something that would have the same quality as a 22 inch LCD monitor, or is there some other difference besides the tuner? I’m trying to figure out if this is worth using, or whether I should sell it and ... (1 Comment)
1/20/10
Hey Gary I have they has stomp me and may be a bug in Snow Leopard or something easy in permissions but on my home iMac I have 5 users including myself. I am the only user with MobileMe. So when I am logged in my account and do a fast switch to another user, OS X puts an ... (1 Comment)
1/20/10
I would like to delete parts of a video podcast that I have. Can I do that in iMovie? — Gene Bouley ... (1 Comment)
1/20/10
I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem. When using the fast user switching on my iMac, my scanner disappears. I’ve spoken with Apple, and I was told this is a software problem with Snow Leopard. Has anyone else had this problem, and has anyone figured ... (1 Comment)
1/20/10
First sorry for my bad english. I used Mail for my account Gmail and it works perfectly but when I try to add my account Hotmail, it´s impossible to do. I don´t understand why. The message I have says: “Impossible to access server popmail” and the same happens with ... (2 Comments)
1/20/10
hi gary i have taken a video and connected the camera to mac all the pics and video was inported in i photos now i want to make a complete movie of the event and video also the video is dark need to add light to it! how to take the video recording from iphoto to i movies i know ... (11 Comments)
1/20/10
hi gary i was wonderig if there is an app out there that will track a stolen iphone besides the find my iphone app in mobile me as $99 dollars is alot of money if thats all you use in mobile i am hoping that you know of a accurate reliable app that will do the same ... (1 Comment)
1/20/10
hi gary can i down load skype on my mac i wish to do video talking to my friend in the usa thanks — nirja ... (2 Comments)
1/19/10
Hi Gary, I am contemplating picking up the Remix Jam Pack and I have read all of the reviews. Have you ever installed any of the Jam Packs and do you have any reviews on them? Thanks — Jason ... (5 Comments)