MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

4/8/10
An invalid public movie atom was found in the movie. I got this error when I tried to play the keynote on apple.com. Any ideas what this means ?? — nash ... (5 Comments)
4/8/10
hi Gary. i use my macbook pro out a lot, so i don\t connect it to my time machine backup a lot. so the following have happened. in a day i connected my macbook to the hard drive and allowed time machine to do its backup, then after few days i decided to format and recover my mac ... (2 Comments)
4/8/10
hi Gary, just wanna ask you about a router that my friend wanna buy he is confused about which one to buy, should he buy an airport extreme or time capsule, or should he go to other routers from linksys or belkin???? so is the airport extreme good anough for its price, because ... (5 Comments)
4/8/10
I just read on a well known website that Adobe flash hides cookies that are not deletable by Safari or 3rd party apps like Onyx. Is this true? Does private browsing stop them from being loaded in the first place? — Bruce ... (1 Comment)
4/8/10
I have an 801.11g network that my iPhone doesn’t seem to recognize. Works fine on my computer. I can get on it in terms of entering the password, and it shows the IP address and the subnet mask, but nothing else. Any suggestions? — Todd Peperkorn ... (1 Comment)
4/7/10
Hello Garry, Have you had a chance to do a battery test on the IPad? I have read some reviews that say it exceeds the stated time by Apple. Thanks, — Nash ... (1 Comment)
4/6/10
Since the update 4.0.5 I haven’t been able to view sites that play Flash video,for example The DailyShow with John Stewart.com site.I downloaded Flash and installed but nothing please help. — Jose frias ... (1 Comment)
4/6/10
I use one external drive for time machine to back up. Is it a bad idea to back up other files, photos etc.. on the same drive. My external drive is 1TB. — Imacer99 ... (2 Comments)
4/6/10
Hi Gary – I am a Canadian going to the US this Thurs or Fri. If I buy an iPad there will the Wi Fi work in Canada? Are the protocols the same. Is there a down side to me buying there and bring it back home? (other than duty fees, etc)? — Mike Kischuck ... (4 Comments)
4/6/10
I saw a video podcast of using an XBox with a Mac. But we have a PS3 and a Macbook, can you advice on how that combination will work? — Mayura ... (2 Comments)
4/6/10
Hi Gary, i was wondering how you connect a macbook to linksys. This is my first time getting a mac and i’m really excited!!! if you can make a video that would be helpful — Josh Nunez ... (4 Comments)
4/5/10
Hi Gary, I was wondering if there was a quick way to go through the iPhone apps on my iPad and see which ones have a version available in iPad format. It’s a little tedious going through and checking each app. Thanks. — George ... (3 Comments)
4/5/10
I would like to download music from you tube to have it for making a film from my photos. How can I do that? — Vlasta ... (1 Comment)
4/4/10
Hi, I am having an issue where I am saving photo files to a Samba server and when I read the m back to my iMac or my Macbook Pro, there is a variance in the colour and some of the image there in. When I retrieve & read said same from a Windows laptop the files are fine, no ... (3 Comments)
4/3/10
once, i tried to dual-boot my vista into my mac and couldn’t connect to the internet(im using linkysys by the way) but when i tried to return my mac to vista again i couldn’t i wanted to keep my files. it took me 4 hours! thats not the problem. here is the ... (7 Comments)
4/3/10
hi Gary, whenever I go into my applications folder through finder, it shows that I have no application, but on the side bar when i click on applications, it shows me every single application that I have. Is there a way to fix it? — Carlos M ... (13 Comments)
4/3/10
I have a MacBook Pro with MIcrosoft Office 2008 for Mac (Entourage). Is it possible to import addresses from my Macbook Pro Address Book into the Entourage address list? If so, how is it done? — Janet White ... (1 Comment)
4/3/10
[Yes this is a non-iPad question on iPad Saturday.] Somehow my desktop files have disappeared. I can see them when I look in the Finder, but nothing is appearing on the actual desktop. I have reset the computer, and there are no other programs running that I’m aware of ... (3 Comments)
4/3/10
hi gary can we attach usb port for internet(if iam traveling and no access to wi fi) and for extra videos movies to the i pad — nova ... (1 Comment)
4/2/10
I have a Logitech LX8 laser. I called Logitech and they told me downgrade version. I did and still have some lagging. Have new cloth mouse pad also. This started to happen when I hooked up to dual monitors. I have a Sumsung tv/monitor 23″ That’s when I notice the ... (2 Comments)