MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

3/6/10
Help! Maybe I am making this more difficult than it should be. I have a new Macbook Pro 13″. I want to get the best sounding audio from my acoustic guitar onto Youtube along with decent looking video. This would be my first time upload. My first idea was to use my dv ... (8 Comments)
3/6/10
hi gary i bought a new imac 21.5 inch the day they came out in oct ornovember 3.1 gh 8 gb of ram it was running fine till about a week ago the the curser started moving by itself hand application started opening and closing by them selves the screen starts constantly blinking ... (5 Comments)
3/5/10
How can i use my Sony Handycam as an external camera for use with things such as Ustream broadcasting, iChat video chats, or even photobooth? — Josh Rogers ... (1 Comment)
3/5/10
What are the differences and which do you prefer, iPhoto or Aperture? — Ron ... (1 Comment)
3/4/10
Hi Gary, I’ve been watching your podcast since the very beginning and I find it very useful, first of all, thanks a lot for doing this show. I’ve been wandering if there might be a way to sync a flash memory, let’s say a regular 2 Gigs Sandisk memory with a ... (1 Comment)
3/4/10
I maintain my stamp collection records in Bento. One field is a media field containing the scanned photo of a stamp. To get the jpeg into Bento, it must come (I think) from the iPhoto Library. So, my question centers around getting the jpegs from the Desktop to iPhoto. For the ... (1 Comment)
3/4/10
Are recent imacs on the market able to handle mini dvds or can they only handle regular sized dvds? I am thinking that if you put in a mini dvd into the imac it will jam the cd/dvd player, but if I am wrong please tell me. Thanks a lot. — Alexander Merandi ... (1 Comment)
3/4/10
I have a friend who told me his iPhone doesn’t go into horizontal anymore. calculator, safari email etc. has anyone else had this problem? — Todd Brockway ... (2 Comments)
3/3/10
I am wanting to do some recording of a Skype conversation where each caller is recorded as a separate track. Any suggestions? — Todd Peperkorn ...
3/3/10
With that said, it’s the only thing I use. But I don’t really ‘get’ the difference between events and photos categories. They look pretty darned the same to me. I find it easier to wrap my head around importing a picture and stuffing it into a folder. For ... (5 Comments)
3/3/10
Hi Gary, a while back I added my MSN account to the mail application but I only get the inbox folder from my account and would like to get all of the folders I have like I do with my AOL account. Is there a way to do this? Also, from time to time my MSN account on mail keeps ... (3 Comments)
3/2/10
Hi, Wonderful podcast. Thanks. I have several user accounts on my Snow Leopoard iMac. I login to them all from time to time, some more than others. One of the ones I use rarely has stopped working. Faced with the multiple user login box, if I choose the bad one, the machine goes ... (2 Comments)
3/2/10
It would be very convenient to add the MacMost Forum to my Google Reader. Doesn’t seem possible. Or am I missing something? Great podcast, thanks. — Glenn Downing ... (2 Comments)
3/2/10
Hi! A Minute ago I have watched the MM PODCAST about Airport security. I tried to established an invisible wifi Network, what was no Problem at all. But seems that my Mac forgets the Network and its password. When I Reboot my Computer it allways Starts without any Network ... (1 Comment)
3/1/10
Ok, SO I was cleaning out the basement and I found all of my old tapes. Is there a way I can import these into iTunes using a tape deck? Also…is your iPhone MacMost app going to include this forum section soon? Thanks!! — Jason ... (1 Comment)
3/1/10
HI and the first page of Safari got accidentally closed with another page still up. Now, I can’t get it back. I have tried to re install Safari, but to no avail. Now, I have no page where I can go back or forward and no way of typing in an URL. Does anyone know how to fix ... (1 Comment)
3/1/10
When I try to find a file, the window returns no results or not the right ones. I can see the files on my desktop and “apple key + f” won’t find them!? Is there a preference file I can delete? What can I do to fix this. I downloaded a program called EasyFind and ... (4 Comments)
3/1/10
Yesterday, my MacBoook Crashed and my Trackpad was really acting weird. So, I reinstalled MacOSX and DID NOT MAKE A BACKUP. And I just bought some Songs from iTunes. Can I get them back or are they gone forever? — Mathias ... (4 Comments)
3/1/10
What is the best birthday app for the iPhone? — George ... (2 Comments)
2/28/10
I recorded a song in idvd and I wish to move it to Itune library, is that possible and how, thank you. — Wallace Vaughan ... (3 Comments)