MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

2/28/10
I recorded a song in idvd and I wish to move it to Itune library, is that possible and how, thank you. — Wallace Vaughan ... (3 Comments)
2/28/10
Is it possible to text from your mac to an iphone? If so, How is it done? — Tracy ... (1 Comment)
2/28/10
I have a Fuji FinePix 3Mega Pixel Digital camera. I would like to get a newer one around 10 Mega Pixels. I understand that iPhoto in OS X can control certain Digital cameras. Where can I find out what brands and models OS X can control? Thanks……. — Leonard ... (3 Comments)
2/28/10
Hello there, found out a bug in mail.app which makes mail.app not producing sound when having a new mail. This bug affects accounts supporting IDLE command, which mobileme does. Wondering if you have made up a fix or something, because either having no alert or not pushed e-mail ... (1 Comment)
2/28/10
Yesterday I went to Youtube and watched a few videos. A while later I went back to watch some more. But when I clicked on a video it took me to a page that looked like a youtube page but everything was slightly different and exaggerated. I have clicktoflash so I normally get a ... (2 Comments)
2/28/10
Hello Gary regarding charging my macbook pro, what i do is always leave it until it is almost done and then charge it. but when i charge it do u think it is okey to keep it connected to the charger after it is charged completely or will the battery get effected negatively if i ... (1 Comment)
2/28/10
Hello Mac Most Users I was wondering if anyone had info on installing Windows XP without SP2. I have SP2 but it is on a separate disk. Does any one know of a work around? Thank You in advance Todd — Todd Brockway ... (2 Comments)
2/28/10
I have about 200 songs that I purchased from iTunes a few years back. They play fine on my iPod but won’t play at all on my iMac because of authorization problems. When I try to authorize my machine, it keeps asking for my old account information, which I retired a long ... (1 Comment)
2/28/10
Hi Gary, I have mail.app on snow leopard configured for my company’s exchange server. Whenever my colleagues forwards me a mail, with images in it, I do not see any image in my mail. Just a place holder rectangle, and a blue question mark in the center. Right click and ... (1 Comment)
2/27/10
Does Apple updates the languages dictionaries frequently? In my case, I use the Brazilian Portuguese language for my work, but I see that there are a lot of mistakes or words that exists but the dictionary doesn’t have. I frequently add those words, but now there are many ... (1 Comment)
2/27/10
hi gary i saw your video of scratch is there any other programme maker in which i can make a programme for my team and task allocation i saw omniplan but its too large and expensive for my need thanks — nirja ... (2 Comments)
2/27/10
So, I downloaded the Movie “Yes Man” for about 9,99€ in the iTunes Store. I wanted to watch it now, but it keeps saying, that I did not downloaded it with my Account. But in the Tab “Downloads” IS the “Yes Man” and I am logged in with my ... (2 Comments)
2/26/10
The space bar does not wake my mac up when in sleep mode. Tried all the keys, what else can I do? — Rusty ... (3 Comments)
2/26/10
Hi Gary, I noticed a hairline crack in the outer case of my MacBook. It runs from the center finger notch all the way to screw on the left side. I have been looking online for info on this (and Apple Care is scheduled to call me Saturday morning). Have you heard about this or ... (2 Comments)
2/26/10
what cables to connect a lacie to imac 2010? — Rusty ... (1 Comment)
2/25/10
I notice in your videos that your highlighted color is a purple even in some of the drop down menus. I know how to change the highlight colors in the system pref/appearance but how did you change the highlight color of your drop downs from the menu bar. Thanks — Glen ... (2 Comments)
2/25/10
hi, on the mac in login items there is ituneshelper, someone told me that it isnt needed so I took it away, Is it needed? When I connect my iphone I see that itunes doesnt automatically open anymore, Is that the only thing I need it for? And how do I get it back if I want it ... (5 Comments)
2/25/10
After waiting for months and finally pre-ordering in December, I finally downloaded this new product from Intuit. Cut to the chase…. It is so bad I can’t believe it!!!! It is totally useless and lacks 90% of the functionallity of the 2010 Windows version. I’m ... (5 Comments)
2/24/10
hi gary i have made a key note presentation but now i wish to divide it into 6 parts making each part a seperate slide show how should i do it??? thanks — nirja ... (1 Comment)
2/24/10
I have an 8gb thumb drive that I wanted to use to transfer video files from my mac to a pc. I’ve formatted the thumb drive with disk utility (FAT), and put the files onto it. When I plug it into the pc, it says the drive needs to be formatted. And if I try and format it ... (7 Comments)