MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

12/30/09
Hi Gary, I’ve had my MacBook Pro since this summer, but just started experiencing this problem in the last couple of weeks. I’ll have something up on the screen, such as the sign in screen to Gmail, walk away from the computer for 15 minutes, and then come back to a ... (1 Comment)
12/29/09
Would like to sync music to an orginal ipod shuffle with multiple computers. It does not have a manual override option. — Ryan ... (2 Comments)
12/29/09
Hello Gary. When i type my emails from Mail in my mac i have to set the color every time i am writing an email. can you please tell me how to set the color for every time i send an email, rather than setting it up everytime i write an email? kind regards hsn — hasan ... (2 Comments)
12/29/09
Hello Gary. just a quick question, is it safe to access my iPhone’s directory using these programs that are available online? I am using iPhone Explorer to access my iPhones directory, just wanted to know if it is safe. kind regards hsn — Hasan ... (7 Comments)
12/28/09
I bought a DVD off of the iTunes store and I can’t find how to burn it to get it to work in a dvd player. — Gary McNeil ... (5 Comments)
12/27/09
I listened to the podcast that discussed the printable list of Mac keyboard shortcuts, but when I enter the /j-keyshorts I am taken to other podcasts and not a web page where I can download this sheet. Have I misunderstood the directions? — forkboy1965 ... (2 Comments)
12/27/09
Is there a way to move a tune from a podcast download into my music library? I have tried unsuccessfully to drag it there. — Koreen ... (1 Comment)
12/26/09
I’ve only had my iMac for about 9-months and I’ve lost some basic functionality. When you want to select a continuous group of files one can usually select the first, hold down the shift key, select the last and all files between will be selected as well. Not on my ... (2 Comments)
12/26/09
No question that Mac’s OSes do a great job of making organization easy. But when I get the urge to move or copy (backup) pictures and movies to another drive, I’m always afraid that somewhere in the system there are hidden files that get confused when I do that. Am ... (3 Comments)
12/26/09
I want to use my iChat for gtalk but it dosen’t work for me, please help me — Ebay ... (2 Comments)
12/26/09
Gary, I know that OSX has routines that run overnight and weekly or monthly if you leave it running. Does that work while my macbook pro (2009) is closed and asleep? Or do I need to periodically run those tasks manually? — Alan Buhler ... (2 Comments)
12/26/09
Gary first off, love the videos you do (your knowledge has helped me tremendously/this is my first Apple iMac ever). My question is does the program Skitch have a way of making a watermark that I can use on all my photos I post on the internet? If not what programs can I get to ... (2 Comments)
12/25/09
Somehow my IPhoto library got corrupted. All the thumbnails were there as well as the original photos, but I couldn’t edit or play slide shows. I went to an Apple Genius Bar, where they created another new library and imported my photos into it. I still see my original ... (3 Comments)
12/25/09
Hello Gary. by mistake i have checked the check box when itunes ask you if you r sure that i wanna buy a certain item. and now every time i press on the buy button the download starts without asking me if i am sure. can you tell me please how i can return that feature please. ... (1 Comment)
12/25/09
hi i have a new i pod touch but cant seem to work it with my ibook g4 any ideas for it? thankyou — jamie mackie ... (3 Comments)
12/24/09
I just got a External HD for my macbook. Will time machine just resume backing up after I have had it unplugged. It’s doing the first back up right now. — Gary McNeil ... (1 Comment)
12/24/09
Hey Gary..everything is fine with my ipod touch except when i try and open up the itunes store on my touch it says “cannot connect to the itunes store” i tried restarting and restoring the defaults also but nothing changed,im actually trying to download last.fm but i ... (3 Comments)
12/24/09
Recently, my iMac has been acting up by randomly crashing and then beeping 3 times loudly 3 times when I try to start up the computer. I found out that 3 beeps means its a memory problem and I am scheduled to have Apple fix it. However, I really want to back up my files ... (3 Comments)
12/24/09
So is there a way for me to use Back to My Mac where I access another person’s computer that also uses an account from the same family pack? It doesn’t seem to automatically recognize it. — Todd A. Peperkorn ... (2 Comments)
12/24/09
i have added music in my slide show i need specific music with specific slides the music is in 1 track (1 hour ) so i recorded the slide show then exported in quick movies i got multiple voices in the movie will un checking the tick box that says use the sound track in the ... (3 Comments)