MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

12/24/09
i need a small laptop ie 1/2 of mac book when is apple planning for that ? — nirja ... (1 Comment)
12/23/09
Thanks for the great episode on this topic! I’m trying to set this up and the mobileme preferences is saying that plug n play isn’t selected on my router, but it is. Any ideas? I have screenshots. — Todd A. Peperkorn ... (7 Comments)
12/23/09
I dragged my old iTunes Music folder from a PC external HD to my new Mac iTunes icon on the dock and it copied my music over to the Mac, but some of the songs didn’t stay with the correct album. For example, Justin Timberlake’s Future Sex album got separated into ... (5 Comments)
12/22/09
hi, just wonder how do you make a folder password protected? thank you in advanace — Byron ... (1 Comment)
12/22/09
Hi – I used boot camp to install windows 7 on my new Mac Mini (had no issues with my Macbook Pro a couple of months ago). When I used the installation disks that came with the Mini to install the boot camp items on the Windows side, I couldn’t get the boot camp ... (2 Comments)
12/22/09
I need to send file to compliance department and when I compress via mac, it barley shrinks it – 19.5 to 18.5 mb’s What’s the best program and will it actually shrink it? — Michael ... (2 Comments)
12/22/09
I want to use Pixelmator or Elements to edit photos in iPhoto, but I really don’t want to export/import them every time. Is there an “edit with an external editor” option I haven’t found? — Todd A. Peperkorn ... (3 Comments)
12/21/09
I do a weekly radio show for 10 minutes and record as mp3. I want to set up in Imovie, so I can drop in slides when hit certain topics. But I can’t seem to just drop in mp3. I than want to put into website as swf. Is there an idea , better program to use? — ... (6 Comments)
12/21/09
hello Gary. i am trying to upload some photos to my email or facebook, when i click on the photos icon it shows some photos but not all that i have in my library. so when i click choose file and then a finder window shows up and in the end there is music, photos, and videos. i ... (8 Comments)
12/21/09
I’m using iMovie 09 and need to reorder chapters I’ve already created. Is there an easier way to accomplish that other than the brute force method of dragging and dropping video clips? — Martha Russell ... (1 Comment)
12/21/09
Hi! I made a photo book on iPhoto for relatives. I love that I can run it as a slideshow with music on my mac and would love to be able to do this on my iPhone. Is this possible? It is not just a matter of uploading the photos , I can do that. It is the formatting (multiple ... (1 Comment)
12/21/09
Hey, I got my mac a couple of weeks ago and I am loving it. The only problem I am having is that whenever i plug my Flip Mini HD video camera into my mac, iPhoto loads up automatically. Is there a way i can stop this with out disabling iPhoto loading up when I plug my normal ... (4 Comments)
12/21/09
I am considering buying the iMac 2.66GHz Quad-Core i5, I have a Motorola 6416 DVR from my cable provider. Is it possible to connect the two and watch the HD channels on the iMac — MacWired ... (1 Comment)
12/21/09
I have identified several people in iPhoto ’09, using my Mac Mini, running snow leopard. When I go to “faces”, and select a face, in the screen where it says ” ‘person’ may also be in the photos below”, I get no results. It shows the ... (1 Comment)
12/20/09
I have a Macbook Pro and use Time Machine for wireless backups, printing,etc. I also have a wireless USB modem for internet access as described in MacMost Now 133. The problem I have is that if Airport is on and connected to Time Machine, I cannot use the wireless USB modem. I ... (6 Comments)
12/20/09
how can i delete movies from quick time i do not have quick time pro — nova ... (1 Comment)
12/19/09
I am consolidating all of my various external drives into one big one (a Drobo). What is the best way for me to do file comparison so that I don’t have six copies of the same data? — Todd A. Peperkorn ... (1 Comment)
12/19/09
When I go to share my internet connection over ethernet (so I can connect my Xbox 360 to the internet), my Mac warns me that this could violate the terms set forth by my ISP and they could terminate my service (though I find it odd that it does not say the same for wireless). Do ... (3 Comments)
12/19/09
I have a lot of photos taken with an iPhone in iPhoto. I’m trying to find a way, short of looking at the photo info individually, to find all these photos and put all of them in a separate album. — George ... (1 Comment)
12/19/09
i wish to play online games on mac what systems java or flash i need to download or at which sites specially for mac are these games available?thanks — nova ... (1 Comment)