MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

1/7/10
I bought a new macbook…my old was is only 5 months old and has Leopard…I don’t know how to get my Iomega Backup onto my new machine. When I got into time machine, it shows my backup but doesn’t highlight the RESTORE option for that backup. How should I ... (1 Comment)
1/7/10
There are lots of great apps out there that allow you to control your Mac from your iPhone (may current fav is Rowmote Pro). But, is there a way to control my iPhone from my Mac? I want to be able to control the iPod functions on my iPhone from my Mac. — Todd Peperkorn ... (2 Comments)
1/7/10
I am constantly having people completed in to To: field in Mail that are either incorrect, have changed in my AddressBook, or something to that effect. Is there a way to reset the completion command so that it starts over? — todd Peperkorn ... (1 Comment)
1/6/10
hi gary i would like to know if their is a way to make the menu bar larger and easier to see paul — paulie3660 ... (1 Comment)
1/6/10
Purchased my 24-inch 2.93GHz iMac back in March. I haven’t found anything online, but I’m wondering if I can use my iMac as a monitor for another computer? A Windows-driven computer. I know….I know….why? I’d really rather not run Boot Camp or ... (1 Comment)
1/5/10
I am looking for an inexpensive way to switch video cameras feeding a Mac. I would like to switch between three cameras feeding recording software on the Mac. — Roger ... (1 Comment)
1/5/10
I’ve done some reading that states OS X does run some housekeeping duties in the wee hours of the morning. My problem is that I don’t leave my Mac on all the time. As such, I downloaded and installed Onyx as it has the ability to run those particular scripts on ... (5 Comments)
1/5/10
hey what happend to the black macbook? it came and then whent. Just think ok a black imac or apple tv. Maybe all of apple products could either be black or white ? — will breeze ... (1 Comment)
1/5/10
hi gary i need a good diary for my mac where i not only write my daily feelings but can make charts etc.. for my daily activities i have the clover diary but its too small something like effecient diary in windows is there any thing like this for mac i shall purchase it ... (6 Comments)
1/4/10
Under the Summary tab of my iPhone when I have it plugged in to my Mac, I have “Manually manage music and videos” checked. When I *manually* drag a new album to my iPhone from iTunes, the audiobook I’m currently listening to always loses my place. Logically ... (1 Comment)
1/4/10
Hello Gary. I am from Germany and I buyed a Hardcase (13″ MacBook) and a Laptop Messenger Bag (http://store.apple.com/de/product/TP620ZM/A?n=messenger_bags&fnode=MTY1NDA2Ng&mco=MTE2MTAwNTg&s=topSellers). So, the Hardcase was avaiable in 24h, the Messenger ... (1 Comment)
1/4/10
hello gary. i wanted to create a smart mailbox in mail, which will include all the emails from my friends. i tried it but i couldn’t select the group it self, and i can’t write a rule for each friend. can you please help me to create this smart mailbox. ... (1 Comment)
1/3/10
I am using a new Drobo. I’ve downloaded and automator script so that I don’t have TimeMachine taking up 4 TB of space. Where do I keep this little script, and is there a way to make it so the script only runs when my system is connected to a certain drive (e.g. the ... (3 Comments)
1/3/10
I can see the pro’s and cons of using both methods of mail management. Question, If I use gmail through my mail application on my mac, when the mails download are they filling my hard drive or are they still web based? I want to use mail as it is more versatile but I need ... (1 Comment)
1/3/10
Hi Gary i’m just writing to ask theres a way to set apps so you can close then with the red cross and not have to click on the apps icon on the dock or its name on the top of the screen to quit the app — Richard Slack ... (8 Comments)
1/1/10
I remember that there was a way to make product suggestions to Apple. I don’t remember how. I want to strongly urge that they produce a antiglare iMac. I upgraded to my current iMac when they came out with the glossy screen iMacs. It was the last of the matte screens. ... (13 Comments)
1/1/10
Hi, I’m interested in replacing my existing 320gb drive with a 1tb drive. I can’t seem to find any knowledge base information on the apple website. Any suggestions? — Bruce Jacobs ... (1 Comment)
12/31/09
Hi, I have a MacBook. I cannot double-click things with the trackpad. It is still under warranty so I took it to the Apple Store. On examination there are no physical issues with the machine. I made a fresh account ad the problem appears there, too. I use Candybar from ... (4 Comments)
12/30/09
I keep getting an error in apple Mail that is very frustrating. It says “Account exceeded bandwidth limits”. I can’t seem to find a solution to this problem. I have gone to both google and Apple. Google says it’s Apple and Apple says it’s Google or ... (3 Comments)
12/30/09
While in document, dashboard keeps popping up, a click will send it away but I only want to look at it occasionally if at all. — bill Vose ... (12 Comments)