MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

12/18/09
I took extensive notes in iphone notes, then lost the iphone. However I can extract the .db file from my backup, I just cant see how to open it on the laptop as I dont have a database app. What do you recommend? — JMB ... (5 Comments)
12/18/09
i need to record a slideshow but its long (about 1 hour)how can i di it in 2 or 3 sittings — nirja ... (5 Comments)
12/17/09
Back in 1993, my then-teacher wife created documents with a Symantec product called GreatWorks (contemporary of the original Clarisworks, which forced GreatWorks out of the market, I think). She needs to open those old files and my only idea, MacLinkPlus, costs about $80 list. ... (1 Comment)
12/17/09
After updating EyeTV software to 3.3 on my Snow Leopard MacBook Pro (apparently successfully), I got the following message upon quitting EyeTV: The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/AirGrabFirewallModule.kext” was installed improperly and cannot be used. ... (2 Comments)
12/17/09
I am trying to setup a drive using the USB port with my Airport Extreme. How do I get the Macs on the network to recognize the drive? I can see it fine in Airport Utility, but it doesn’t show up in Finder. — Todd ... (3 Comments)
12/17/09
thanks once again gary can i put 3 movies in an idvd project of so how? — nirja ... (2 Comments)
12/16/09
I would like to use an external hard disk to share files between windows and macs. This makes FAT32 the obvious choice; however, I do not want the 4GB file size limit imposed by FAT32. Is there another option? Thank you in advance. — D Levy ... (5 Comments)
12/16/09
I am having some tuning issues with a movie and I’m wondering what the best way to work on the audio is. Can I work on the audio through Garageband, or is there a better way to do it? — Todd Peperkorn ... (12 Comments)
12/16/09
What is the easiest way to export iMovie projects into Facebook? — Todd Peperkorn ... (3 Comments)
12/16/09
Hi, is there a possibility to enable and disable a pre-configured InternetSharing (ethernet to airport) with one button (Automator, Script, app etc.)? I do this on a regular basis and its annoying to always enter system preferences and answer whether to start IS or ... (1 Comment)
12/16/09
hi gary i have made a dvd in i dvd with a theme i need only the auto play movie and one main menu page and its been made but the theme has one more extra menu page when i check it in project i see a yellow triangle saying extra menu has no buttons /how should i go about ... (3 Comments)
12/15/09
In episode 204 you mentioned working with a domain without using www to access the site by utilizing the forward option with Godaddy. So I’ve tried forwarding the option to no avail. Unfortunately it directs me to a page that states “This web page is parked FREE, ... (1 Comment)
12/15/09
I regularly back up via time machine. But with all of the media, music, movies, audiobooks and podcast as well as adobe projects and final cut studio projects, I decided to add an external hard drive. It is a 1 Tb Western Digital. My question is, is there anyway that when I am ... (2 Comments)
12/15/09
Hi, I need a help to understand how Address Book handles families. The problem is that the cards are not related to each other in a family. Let’s use my family as example. I created a card for me, my wife and our two kids. Many informations are the same like address and ... (2 Comments)
12/15/09
Hello Everyone! I recently asked a question about sharing my iphone applications with my kids new ipods they are getting for Christmas and Gary recommended using Home Sharing. I turned it on in my iMac (my main computer with all my itunes stuff), and then turned it on on my ... (1 Comment)
12/14/09
Hi Gary, yesterday I wtched your Podcast on updating Podcasts using Applescript. Today I wanted to try a similar thing. However, I downloaded an Applescript from the internet and wanted to use it in iCal. But it was not possible to choose it in the drop down menu (it was ... (3 Comments)
12/14/09
hi gary thanks once again for your kind support!! now iam planning an 5 day event i need 1) to write all the task of 6-7 events 2) set dates for events 3)set reminders 4)designate task to people 5)give them a print out of their task and dates 6)keep accounts of money and to whom ... (2 Comments)
12/14/09
Hey everybody…i cannot change my system preference icon,i tried copy/paste procedure but when im about to paste it the word “paste” is FADED OUT….ok i have changed it before BUT that was with candy bar but now i do not have candybar,i did it with the trial ... (3 Comments)
12/13/09
I have been using the messenger version 7.0.0 and last night, I saw this new version 7.0.2 and got all excited, thinking that the new version would help me with the problem of not being able to get offline messages… but now I am left with having two versions of ... (1 Comment)
12/13/09
To save a Filemaker Pro report (a black on white document) as a pdf, I go to the print dialog, then select “Save as PDF”. What then appears on the screen is the document with a black background and the text in a fluorescent green color. I want to email this report (in ... (3 Comments)