MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

10/8/09
when I set Safari to start automatically when I log in, the dock icon moves but the application does not open on screen — mattmac ... (2 Comments)
10/8/09
I’ve enjoyed iClip as an extended Clipboard for some time, but it’s not compatible with Snow Leopard and the creator is apparently no longer supporting/updating it. What’s a good extended clipboard for Snow Leopard? Thanks. — John Russell ... (1 Comment)
10/6/09
I an new to macs and I got my first Macbook alum 2.4 about six months ago. The guy at the apple store showed me you can take the battery out while the computer is on while it is plugged in and it will stay on. I just don’t like taking the battery out every time but I ... (1 Comment)
10/6/09
Hi. I have noticed that if I use a flash drive formatted with FAT32 on my MAC OSX does not free up space after deleting files from it.But, if I use it with windows and delete files from it I can see the freed up disk space. Whats the solution ????? — Raj Kumar Sood ... (2 Comments)
10/5/09
I have notice since I’ve gotten my iMac, that the scanner function on my printer disappears after a while in Image Capture. Is there anything that can be done to fix this problem? Or is this something that is specific to this type of Printer? Thanks — Fulvio ... (3 Comments)
10/5/09
I have a 2000 iMac G3 450 DV+ running Mac OS X 10.2.8. I rarely use this machine and just purchased Tiger to load on it, only to find that I have no idea what password I had used when I set up my admin account on the machine 2 years ago when I bought it from Mac Mall. Is there ... (4 Comments)
10/5/09
I can’t figure out how to change the name of my home folder. — Gary McNeil ... (2 Comments)
10/5/09
hi can any one tell me if its possible to deactivate the download window that pops up when you download something in safari — Richard Slack ... (1 Comment)
10/4/09
I have (according to iTunes) 4 computers that I have authorized to play my purchases. I only have 3 computers, yet I am sure I authorized an old Mac Mini at my old job. Is there anyway to deauthorize all of the computers and start fresh? — Jason ... (2 Comments)
10/4/09
My goal- quit writing notes on paper. Want to keep notes in separate categories – such as people to call, groceries, errands, projects, etc.. Want to enter them either on the phone or the computer and have the sync be like my mobileme sync and not require a hard sync with ... (1 Comment)
10/3/09
Hello, I am trying to stream videos on my xbox with connect360 and my powermac g5. i do not have the wireless adapter for my xbox, and have been sharing the internet via my powermac to play online. i am wondering if i do need a router to stream. If so, could you please tell me ... (1 Comment)
10/2/09
Is it possible to change the font on the iPod Touch and secondly, does it sync automatically with the Notes folder in my Mail program (there are no Notes settings on the iPod? Your Video Podcast is a ‘must’ before I go to bed (here in Switzerland)! Thanks for a great ... (2 Comments)
10/1/09
Congratulations on your new book Gary! Can’t wait til Amazon sends it to me. I have a question… I have a windows pc now and will be buying a new iMac soon (hoping the new iMacs will be out soon!). All my pics and tunes are on my external hard drive. Once I tranfer all my pics ... (1 Comment)
10/1/09
Hello everyone! I was hoping someone had a solution on how to edit multiple tables at once, if all of the tables are created identical (ex. Jan – Dec). With excel, all you have to do is select the group of tabs that you wanted to edit, and just edit the one tab you’re ... (7 Comments)
9/29/09
I purchased Dojo Sudoku about 1 year ago for my iphone. i am unable to open the app due to an error downloading the sudoku(s). all else on the phone is working correctly. any help would be great. — Rachael Corsano ... (1 Comment)
9/29/09
How to view the full titles of the podcasts on iPod Touch? I can see only first few words followed by “…” . Very frustrating: some have identical images and the beginning of the title – so there is no way to tell them apart unless to play them. — ... (3 Comments)
9/29/09
Recently changed from PC to MAC and have an Apple Store ID that is a previous email address. I would like to change this ITunes Apple Store ID to my current ‘.mac’ or ‘.me’ email address, while still maintaining a record of previous purchases. Any ... (1 Comment)
9/29/09
Even though I click the ‘save password for future purchases’ selection in ITunes, it still asks for a password on occasion. Any ideas? — Sean McCann ... (7 Comments)
9/28/09
Hi Gary, I recently stumbled across your videos while looking for help about numbers and I have to say they are fantastic!! I just had a few questions regarding numbers. I recently became treasurer of a committee and I have to keep track of the budget, deductions for a total that ... (3 Comments)
9/28/09
I’ve copied several pages of text into Outline View, formatted it as an Outline with I. A. 1. (a). etc (customized Paragraph Styles), but when I go to the normal page layout view, on some of the pages it stops half way or 3/4 of the way down the page, and the rest of the ... (1 Comment)