MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

10/12/09
It has a 250 GB hard drive. — Gary McNeil ... (3 Comments)
10/11/09
my shred tab in the sidebar of finder is gone and wont come back. I accidently unchecked the bonjour computers and connected servers finder the preferences. Then i rechecked them and it doesn’t show up i’ve also restarted the computer thinking it may need to reset ... (2 Comments)
10/11/09
I’ve been running Windows XP under Boot Camp. Is replacing that version with Windows 7 as simple as inserting the Windows 7 installation DVD on the Windows side and following the instructions? Would you expect Windows 7 to overwrite Windows XP “nicely?” ... (3 Comments)
10/11/09
Hi, I have Sprint Mobile Broadband for my Powerbook internet connection; streaming tv/movies uses too much of my monthly data allotment(5KB/month). Is there a way to “download” free tv shows? Thanks!! — Jerry ... (1 Comment)
10/11/09
can i use my own iTunes play List as a ringtone — michel Meyer ... (1 Comment)
10/10/09
is there any way to reskin safari like you can with firefox after all safari skin is really boring — paulie3660 ... (3 Comments)
10/10/09
Greetings, I have been using Garageband in my elementary classroom to record rap songs about learning. I am wondering if you can change the scale of certain parts of a song? I can set the scale at the beginning for the whole project, but I would like to make scale adjustment ... (4 Comments)
10/9/09
I got a WD Sharepace NAS and it is formatted in their proprietary SAMBA file structure, which they said will work with a MAC just fine, but iPhoto keeps giving me an “X” when I double click on a photo. I can see the events, see all the thumbnails in any specific ... (3 Comments)
10/9/09
is there a way to export adresses from the adressbook other than vcard ? Need my adresses for a mailing and have to export it for exel. I am a bit disappointed that apple does not develop it further since all this years. not even in Snow Leopard anything been done. Need urgently ... (4 Comments)
10/8/09
when I set Safari to start automatically when I log in, the dock icon moves but the application does not open on screen — mattmac ... (2 Comments)
10/8/09
I’ve enjoyed iClip as an extended Clipboard for some time, but it’s not compatible with Snow Leopard and the creator is apparently no longer supporting/updating it. What’s a good extended clipboard for Snow Leopard? Thanks. — John Russell ... (1 Comment)
10/6/09
I an new to macs and I got my first Macbook alum 2.4 about six months ago. The guy at the apple store showed me you can take the battery out while the computer is on while it is plugged in and it will stay on. I just don’t like taking the battery out every time but I ... (1 Comment)
10/6/09
Hi. I have noticed that if I use a flash drive formatted with FAT32 on my MAC OSX does not free up space after deleting files from it.But, if I use it with windows and delete files from it I can see the freed up disk space. Whats the solution ????? — Raj Kumar Sood ... (2 Comments)
10/5/09
I have notice since I’ve gotten my iMac, that the scanner function on my printer disappears after a while in Image Capture. Is there anything that can be done to fix this problem? Or is this something that is specific to this type of Printer? Thanks — Fulvio ... (3 Comments)
10/5/09
I have a 2000 iMac G3 450 DV+ running Mac OS X 10.2.8. I rarely use this machine and just purchased Tiger to load on it, only to find that I have no idea what password I had used when I set up my admin account on the machine 2 years ago when I bought it from Mac Mall. Is there ... (4 Comments)
10/5/09
I can’t figure out how to change the name of my home folder. — Gary McNeil ... (2 Comments)
10/5/09
hi can any one tell me if its possible to deactivate the download window that pops up when you download something in safari — Richard Slack ... (1 Comment)
10/4/09
I have (according to iTunes) 4 computers that I have authorized to play my purchases. I only have 3 computers, yet I am sure I authorized an old Mac Mini at my old job. Is there anyway to deauthorize all of the computers and start fresh? — Jason ... (2 Comments)
10/4/09
My goal- quit writing notes on paper. Want to keep notes in separate categories – such as people to call, groceries, errands, projects, etc.. Want to enter them either on the phone or the computer and have the sync be like my mobileme sync and not require a hard sync with ... (1 Comment)
10/3/09
Hello, I am trying to stream videos on my xbox with connect360 and my powermac g5. i do not have the wireless adapter for my xbox, and have been sharing the internet via my powermac to play online. i am wondering if i do need a router to stream. If so, could you please tell me ... (1 Comment)