MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

10/17/09
why the airport ask me to inter my password? when i try to turn on and off airport, it ask me to inter my password. also when i lunch safari, it ask me to inter my keychain password. please help me to fix it. — Ebay ... (1 Comment)
10/17/09
I can’t seem to be able to mute my michrophone. I go into System Preferences and go on SOUND but even though I put the input level to 0 it still picks up a signal from my onboard mic. Has anybody got any solution here? — Sigo ... (2 Comments)
10/17/09
hi gary being new to mac what in your recommendation is the best anti virus and spyware programs and also i was looking into 1 password as a password security program whats your take on the subjecy — paulie3660 ... (5 Comments)
10/16/09
I recently upgraded to iTunes 9 and noticed that Genius Mixes was not listed under the Genius pull down. Thinking that perhaps this was an issue with the installation I deleted and re-installed iTunes. However, this didn’t correct the problem. Is there a setting that I am ... (50 Comments)
10/16/09
is apple going to enable the skip ahead and skip back feature when using a bluetooth stereo headset i the ipod mode of iphone — paulie3660 ... (3 Comments)
10/15/09
I have a Mac Mini With a 200GB Hard Drive. I want to upgrade it to a 500GB drive and I want to know what is the easiest way to get my OS and ALL of my files to the new hard drive. I am running Mac OS 10.6.1 It is the 2007-2008 Mac Mini running @ 1.8GHz. — Leonard Bryan ... (1 Comment)
10/15/09
Hi. I was wondering if you could announce a warning for the use of the guest user in Snow Leopard. People say that if you use the guest user in Snow Leopard, all your files on your main account will be deleted as the guest account opens. If you put a warning in MacAnswers, it ... (2 Comments)
10/15/09
Gary, Love the concept of iPhoto books. Only one thing missing: adding captions to photos in the book. Seems that there aren’t many themes that allow for it, and even then, only one or two captions for an entire page or two. Would you know of a way to add captions to ... (1 Comment)
10/15/09
Hi Gary, I was wondering how Mac you currently use and what they are? — Jason ... (2 Comments)
10/15/09
gary i think you might have misunderstood me i was asking if safari could be uninstalled in osx without it affecting other programs — paulie3660 ... (8 Comments)
10/14/09
gary i just got your book switching it will be a big help i have ordered my first mac and should be receiving it in a few days. i am tired of crashimg and virus etc — paulie3660 ... (2 Comments)
10/14/09
on a windows pc you cant really uninstall internet explorer because other apps have to use ie to run properly does safari act the same way or can you uninstall it without any adverse effects to other programs — paulie3660 ... (1 Comment)
10/14/09
I can not figure out how to do it. — Gary McNeil ... (1 Comment)
10/14/09
I use a music program called Sibelius. With it you can scan in a music score, add instruments and play it back. I however can only save it as .sib or .aiff format. I want to create a movie showing the score as it plays back to use as a teaching tool. I can’t find a ... (1 Comment)
10/14/09
Hi Gary I want to have a twitter icon under my name for emails and when the receiver of the email clicks on the icon it takes them to my twitter home page. But I want to set this up as a signature in mail. So far, I have had no luck. Hope you can help Cheers Mike — mike ... (1 Comment)
10/14/09
Hi, could I use an iPod 30 gig as a time machine for 10 gig of data? Yours sincerely, Teddy, a new fan! — Teddy ... (2 Comments)
10/14/09
Hi, Snow Leapord is kind of making a re-login every time something goes wrong… a lot of the time. Do you have an idea of when the fix will be out? I haven’t got a clue!!! — Teddy ... (2 Comments)
10/14/09
When I purchased the MacBook Pro 17 I was told that I could transfer (migrate) all files from my 15 to the 17. I asked for specifics and what ALL meant and I was told that ALL meant ALL. That I could transfer every single file including the installed software. Is that true? ... (4 Comments)
10/13/09
Hi, So I am trying to add picture in picture using a video in a video…but I am not sure where to pull my video from in the media browser…from iTunes or somewhere else…. Photo Booth? Thanks — Jason ... (4 Comments)
10/13/09
Is there a way to show dates listed in Contacts, such as anniversaries, in iCal without using a third party app such as dates to ical? — Michelle ... (4 Comments)