MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

10/14/09
gary i just got your book switching it will be a big help i have ordered my first mac and should be receiving it in a few days. i am tired of crashimg and virus etc — paulie3660 ... (2 Comments)
10/14/09
on a windows pc you cant really uninstall internet explorer because other apps have to use ie to run properly does safari act the same way or can you uninstall it without any adverse effects to other programs — paulie3660 ... (1 Comment)
10/14/09
I can not figure out how to do it. — Gary McNeil ... (1 Comment)
10/14/09
I use a music program called Sibelius. With it you can scan in a music score, add instruments and play it back. I however can only save it as .sib or .aiff format. I want to create a movie showing the score as it plays back to use as a teaching tool. I can’t find a ... (1 Comment)
10/14/09
Hi Gary I want to have a twitter icon under my name for emails and when the receiver of the email clicks on the icon it takes them to my twitter home page. But I want to set this up as a signature in mail. So far, I have had no luck. Hope you can help Cheers Mike — mike ... (1 Comment)
10/14/09
Hi, could I use an iPod 30 gig as a time machine for 10 gig of data? Yours sincerely, Teddy, a new fan! — Teddy ... (2 Comments)
10/14/09
Hi, Snow Leapord is kind of making a re-login every time something goes wrong… a lot of the time. Do you have an idea of when the fix will be out? I haven’t got a clue!!! — Teddy ... (2 Comments)
10/14/09
When I purchased the MacBook Pro 17 I was told that I could transfer (migrate) all files from my 15 to the 17. I asked for specifics and what ALL meant and I was told that ALL meant ALL. That I could transfer every single file including the installed software. Is that true? ... (4 Comments)
10/13/09
Hi, So I am trying to add picture in picture using a video in a video…but I am not sure where to pull my video from in the media browser…from iTunes or somewhere else…. Photo Booth? Thanks — Jason ... (4 Comments)
10/13/09
Is there a way to show dates listed in Contacts, such as anniversaries, in iCal without using a third party app such as dates to ical? — Michelle ... (4 Comments)
10/12/09
It has a 250 GB hard drive. — Gary McNeil ... (3 Comments)
10/11/09
my shred tab in the sidebar of finder is gone and wont come back. I accidently unchecked the bonjour computers and connected servers finder the preferences. Then i rechecked them and it doesn’t show up i’ve also restarted the computer thinking it may need to reset ... (2 Comments)
10/11/09
I’ve been running Windows XP under Boot Camp. Is replacing that version with Windows 7 as simple as inserting the Windows 7 installation DVD on the Windows side and following the instructions? Would you expect Windows 7 to overwrite Windows XP “nicely?” ... (3 Comments)
10/11/09
Hi, I have Sprint Mobile Broadband for my Powerbook internet connection; streaming tv/movies uses too much of my monthly data allotment(5KB/month). Is there a way to “download” free tv shows? Thanks!! — Jerry ... (1 Comment)
10/11/09
can i use my own iTunes play List as a ringtone — michel Meyer ... (1 Comment)
10/10/09
is there any way to reskin safari like you can with firefox after all safari skin is really boring — paulie3660 ... (3 Comments)
10/10/09
Greetings, I have been using Garageband in my elementary classroom to record rap songs about learning. I am wondering if you can change the scale of certain parts of a song? I can set the scale at the beginning for the whole project, but I would like to make scale adjustment ... (4 Comments)
10/9/09
I got a WD Sharepace NAS and it is formatted in their proprietary SAMBA file structure, which they said will work with a MAC just fine, but iPhoto keeps giving me an “X” when I double click on a photo. I can see the events, see all the thumbnails in any specific ... (3 Comments)
10/9/09
is there a way to export adresses from the adressbook other than vcard ? Need my adresses for a mailing and have to export it for exel. I am a bit disappointed that apple does not develop it further since all this years. not even in Snow Leopard anything been done. Need urgently ... (4 Comments)
10/8/09
when I set Safari to start automatically when I log in, the dock icon moves but the application does not open on screen — mattmac ... (2 Comments)