MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

5/10/10
Any ideas how to archive mts. files from my Sony SR11 HD AVCHD. I am using a iMac 27″ OS 10.6.3. I would to store them for future use to edit and create movies. — Imacer99 ... (3 Comments)
5/9/10
My Wii cant pick up the wifi on my airport extreme. What can I do to get it to work? — Donnell Johns ... (1 Comment)
5/8/10
Hi Gary, I was hoping to edit a powerpoint document in keynote or pages, but i am unable to open it. can you also suggest a way where we can open a pages or keynote document to play in a windows pc thanks aravind — Aravindhan Donohoe ... (1 Comment)
5/8/10
Hi Gary I have a question about the one password program is there a way to make the one password screen the default screen for logging onto your computer as well as opening up one password program Thanks Paul — Paulie3660 ... (1 Comment)
5/7/10
Gary I am so glad you talked about calibre! I have been trying it with magazines I’ve downloaded. Also PDF documents,also with Macworld super guides that I have purchased and downloaded,some words are missing or jumbled,you read one line and the next line doesn’t ... (1 Comment)
5/7/10
I am using iPhoto’08 and iMovie’08. I have already set up photos in iPhoto with descriptive titles. When transferring those photos into iMovie to make a slide show, can I get iMovie to automatically add those photo titles to each slide in the movie, or do I again have ... (1 Comment)
5/7/10
hi mate i downloaded the new update for itunes on my macbook now when i click on itunes it does nothing wont loan or anything even if i put a cd in it wont load to itunes. it was fine befor i did the update. plus this is my first mac so dont no alot about them how to uninstal it ... (1 Comment)
5/6/10
Hi there! Just wanted to share with you a new way of using Quick View that I discovered recently. In Snow Leopard, you can hit space button not only in Finder window, but also when in “Open” window of OSX applications. You can equally use this functionality while ... (2 Comments)
5/6/10
I don’t know if someone has asked this question before but I would like to know which one out of Parallels and VMWare Fusion is the best one to use. I have looked at both of them and I’m finding it hard to pick which one. I what to be able to surf the internet and ... (4 Comments)
5/6/10
The notification sound on my mailbox has stopped sounding on receiving new mail messages even though the play sound check box is selected in preferences. I have tried deleting/moving the mail plist file from preference list BUT i then need to set up my mail boxes from scratch. Is ... (1 Comment)
5/6/10
I have a year old MacBook Pro. Almost daily I am experiencing a situation where it’s “timing out”. Whether I’m loading Safari, opening Pages, trying to shut down…whatever really. Then I have to force quit the applications because I don’t have ... (3 Comments)
5/4/10
I imported pictures into a MobilMe Gallery, and they imported in reverse order (last was first). Is there a simple way to correct this now that they are in the MobileMe Gallery? Thanks! — George ... (3 Comments)
5/3/10
In a recent episode of MacMost Now, Gary discussed the various iTunes file formats. I would like to convert my MP3s to AAC Audio. Would it be best to ask iTunes to do the conversion or would it be best to return to the original CDs and re-rip them ? Or does it matter either way ... (3 Comments)
5/3/10
Hi Gary, My IMAC has just started showing an error message when i try to create a network so my macbook can see it. It usually works fine. The Channel is usually – Automatic (11) and i just hit OK and its all good, but it has now started saying there is an error creating ... (1 Comment)
5/3/10
pleas i need a downloder like orbit download for mac os i have (iBooK G4) — bousmaha007 ... (1 Comment)
5/2/10
Hi i was wondering if there is a way to make a doc in word for mac where if I have a few fields that are repeating (i.e. a contract where the name/address is repeating in a few places in the doc and instead of writing/ copy-paste it a few times – I could write it one time ... (3 Comments)
5/2/10
Hi there. Am I right that the wifi only ipad does not have gps. If this is right if I buy a 3g ipad and don’t activate the 3g that I can still use the gps. If not can I use the gps if I use it with a mifi pod Ben — Ben Miles ... (4 Comments)
5/2/10
Hi there. I am new to Apple and I am not sure what the best set up and settings are for my system. I have a Apple tv in the living room with a Belkin 802.11n wireless router, an imac up stairs, 2TB time machine airpot express, mac book pro and an iphone. The only things I ... (3 Comments)
5/2/10
Hi Gary, I copied my itunes library from my macbook to an external drive. I now use this external drive attched to my imac which uses this as its i-tunes library, adding tv shows downloaded from eye tv etc. All good so far. I am still adding music to my macbook i-tunes ... (4 Comments)
5/1/10
I have partitioned a WD My Passport 500Gb external drive into two parts, a 200Gb Time Machine Back Up and a 300Gb Manual storage of certain files. Is there any way to delete the Time Machine back up and have just 1 full 500Gb with the files in the 300Gb partition still ... (1 Comment)