MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

4/24/10
Is their much difference in this blue rey plugin than just burning in regular video format from Quciktime or iLife. I just want to make sure if it’s worth my time getting this blue rey plugin. I burn movies just for home use and like to keep for future use. — Imacer ... (9 Comments)
4/24/10
Could iPhoto be made to recognize Sigma cameras? I have a Sigma SD10, and the Sigma Photo Pro software for it regularly crashes in Snow Leopard (It worked properly in Leopard). If iPhoto cannot be made to recognize the SD10, how can one ask Apple to add support for Sigmas? My ... (5 Comments)
4/23/10
Hi Gary its me again i tried asking this question in a forum but no one anwsered. ok so here it goes: can i connect my guitar hero world tour drum set to my macbook? i use the PS2 for it BTW. do i need to buy a chord to connect it? thanks in advance. — John Belarmino ... (2 Comments)
4/23/10
I’ve set up all the audio inputs the same way you suggested here: MacMost Now 346: Sound Output and Input on my Mac, Skype and Snowball and yet, when I record a conversation, my voice is still recorded much lower (even though the audio input volume is set to the highest ... (9 Comments)
4/23/10
i have many dvd s of movies what will be the best way to copy them on my mac and i can see them later should i do it in i movies or on the desk top in folders but there i will need to rename as all the movies have mpegav format and all the files have the name ... (3 Comments)
4/22/10
Gary, I need to move itunes music, video, apps etc. from my computer and iphone to a temporary storage area as I am leaving my current company and it may be weeks until I acquire a new mac and iphone and dare I say an I pad. What is the best way to do this? BTW I have been ... (3 Comments)
4/22/10
Dear Sirs, I am new to Mac, just bought Mac Book Pro, and I have thousands of business emails in OutLook Express that I want to move to Mac, but I cannot find an easy solution, with maintaining the attachments in emails which are crucial to me. I have found few paid apps on web, ... (1 Comment)
4/22/10
Just finished using Migration Assistant to move my files from an old Macbook Pro to a new one. I found what seem to be all my applications, but some that I’ve tried act brand new. For example, I had Firefox all decked out with 1Password and Speed Dial on my old computer, ... (3 Comments)
4/22/10
Hi Gary, please help!: Background info: I have a less than 2 month old Macbook pro 13.3′. This was an upgrade of an Air. I restored all my info from time machine without a problem. I normally shut down it over the weekends and since the very beginning was slower to shut ... (2 Comments)
4/21/10
We have some family DVD’s. I’d like to import them to the mac as well. I’ll then be able to strip the sound out to put to some family pictures imported from iPhoto to iMovie. I see lots of choices of software out there. What do you recommend? — Sue ... (2 Comments)
4/21/10
How do I name a CD that I have burned? — Penny ... (1 Comment)
4/21/10
Hello, This may be a very simple adjustment. I recently purchased an app that provides background scenes for the iPad and added a few backgrounds to my photo gallery on the device. I then synced the device with my macbook and as expected they were imported into iPhoto. However, I ... (4 Comments)
4/21/10
My brother in law contacted me after buying an Apple TV and said it won’t sync with Itunes. It does connect to his wireless network with no issues, he can view movie trailers, etc while connected to Itunes through the Apple TV, but when he tries to get Itunes to recognize ... (4 Comments)
4/20/10
Hi Gary I am a new apple user as of 10/2009 i like apple so much that i am getting a new i mac and larger time capsule 2 TB And giving my new system that i bought in October 2009 to my nephew who is starting at Yale this summer. My question is how can i reset my Mac and time ... (3 Comments)
4/20/10
Hello Gary quick question. My new beautiful 27″ iMac already has 4GB of RAM. It’s my understanding 32bit OS cam not handle more than 4GB RAM. But I also read Mac OS X has a technology built in that can allow to handle more RAM. is this true and should I save my money ... (1 Comment)
4/20/10
I am new to Apple and am loving my new Macbook Pro. I would like to download a Divx decoder / converter application, can anyone recommend one. — deb7lyn ...
4/20/10
What are some good video screen capture programs for Mac that you can recommend? Are there any free programs available that work well and are not too complicated to use? — Don ... (4 Comments)
4/20/10
Hi Gary, Recently I’ve seen in the local news that somebody found the iPhone 4G at local bar which is now posted all over the web/youtube speculating that it’s the new upcoming iPhone 4G. Can you speak to this… it’s looks impressive and the handy work ... (1 Comment)
4/20/10
Classic question, 15 v. 17? Have Mac Pro, never had laptop and looking to buy one to mostly use to take to work, also to use when at bookstore etc., and a few times a year when traveling on an airplane. Was initially thinking 15 i7 with anti-glare and 128GB SSD, but 17 i5 is the ... (4 Comments)
4/20/10
hi gary i was thinking of buying the i pad but since it does not have a camera and flash should i buy now or wait for a better version !! thanks — nirja ... (1 Comment)