MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

1/12/10
I watched your video on how to manually and automatically remove programs from your mac system. In the video you emphasise that there are tons of free-ware and shareware to remove these programs . Could you please recommend 1 or 2 which you find superior to the rest . Kind ... (5 Comments)
1/12/10
I wanted to see if I could import video from an old Sharp Hi 8 video video camera. All it came with is a Audio video out for a tv. Is there an adapter I could use. — Gary McNeil ... (1 Comment)
1/12/10
hi gary sorry to trouble you again & again i need asoft ware which will note all the tasks for an event and then designate the task to the concern persons so that i can mail or give a printed list to the persons to do the job example if i have to organize a fair i need to 1) ... (2 Comments)
1/12/10
Hi, Just got the app a couple of days ago. I like it because it’s simple and fun. My question is – how is this done? the camera is obviously working in real time so how can you make those shooting marks at the same time? Curious. — GiliM ... (1 Comment)
1/12/10
Hey Gary I wanted to know how can i listen to Pandora in my car using a Touch. — Donnie ... (1 Comment)
1/11/10
Hey Gary my name is Michael. I am a loyal listener and a MacMost Switching to the Mac buyer. I am emailing in regards to the MacMost answer for 1/11 about the question of launching iPhoto or not when you plug in a device. Actually it is very easy and can be done using OS X. ... (1 Comment)
1/11/10
Hi Gary, I recently uploaded some pictures from my camera into iPhoto and realized after I was done that the date on the camera was wrong. So the pictures appear in the wrong order when sorted by date. I have looked around but I cannot see how to change the date on these ... (1 Comment)
1/11/10
Is there any way to delete multiple messages in Apple Mail. — Gary McNeil ... (3 Comments)
1/10/10
Hi Gary, I am familiar with Apple TV and have synced my MacBook with my friend’s and had great success viewing iTunes purchased materials and ripped movies. My question is should I have any hesitation buying a refurbished Apple TV from Apple? I have a Apple gift card ... (1 Comment)
1/10/10
hi gary i wish ti buy a mac book pro for my husband but i have read about the tablet in yahoo should i wait for the mac tablet or should i buy the pro please guide — nova ... (3 Comments)
1/9/10
I have a Canon miniDV (ZR85) camcorder with firewire port. Want to transfer the video from the tape into my MB aluminium (13.3), which doesn’t have a firewire port. Any suggestion? Thanks! — Rajesh ... (1 Comment)
1/9/10
Hello Everyone I just downloaded a couple of home design software packages and was wondering if anyone had opinions on either one and new were to read reviews? Thankyou — Todd Brockway ... (1 Comment)
1/9/10
I read that there’s an audio bug with the 2009 Mac Pro where using audio devices, e.g. listening to iTunes while ripping a CD increases the CPU temperature abnormally. What’s your opinion of smcFanControl, and other utility program that’s better? I found ... (5 Comments)
1/8/10
I have a number of iPhoto & Flickr albums that are synced from my iPhoto library. However, I use multiple iPhoto libraries, and each time I open up my non-default library it has trouble because it tries to sync the FB albums and (of course) can’t find all the pics. ... (1 Comment)
1/7/10
Hi Gary! Firs of all: kudos on everything Macmost – it’s great:) And now my problem: ‘ve noticed after a few minutes my Spring loaded folders won’t open with Space bar (delay is turned off). I have to sign out to get it working again. Delay (when turned ... (1 Comment)
1/7/10
I just downloaded a demo of DVD Snap 2 for taking snapshots from DVDs. It does what I want to do – – individual snaps or timed, several formatting results – – but it’s a little awkward to use in some areas. Anybody have an app they really like? ... (4 Comments)
1/7/10
I have almost 12 GB of information on Entourage. I have thought about switching to Mac’s Mail but do not know what I can do with all of the info on En- tourage. Shall I archieve it, will it be accessible in an archieve, etc. What would you suggest? By the way, if you ... (3 Comments)
1/7/10
Hey i want to put my own song as ringtone… b ut what do i gave to download for it? — BElla ... (1 Comment)
1/7/10
Hello again. My MacBook is finally here and i updated the Mouse and Stuff. But the GarageBand Update for Loops and Intruments could not be opened. I tried it a couple a Times. Do i have to delete the fail progress first? If yes, where is it? It is a 13″ MacBook 4GB Ram, ... (5 Comments)
1/7/10
I bought a new macbook…my old was is only 5 months old and has Leopard…I don’t know how to get my Iomega Backup onto my new machine. When I got into time machine, it shows my backup but doesn’t highlight the RESTORE option for that backup. How should I ... (1 Comment)