MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

1/19/10
Does anyone know how to make Keynote slides your background? I have an awesome slide and would love to be able to use it. — Craig ... (3 Comments)
1/19/10
I like what programs like Google Sketchup do in allowing you to create simple 3D worlds. And of course just about all of us have digital cameras. Is there, or might there be, in your opinion, a software package that could intelligently create a 3D world from an organized series ... (1 Comment)
1/19/10
I swear I remember an episode on this in the past. A friend is trying to capture a single snapshot from a video movie. Can anyone point me to the correct episode? Or am I imagining things, LOL? — Michelle ... (6 Comments)
1/18/10
I was wandering weather there is a way of showing two different sets of footage side by side in a movie for free… I don’t want to buy new software but i dont mind downloading as long as I can pass it to imovie afterwards… I’d appreiciate some answers and ... (1 Comment)
1/18/10
Having fun on my day off and was trying to do a video with my son, where he is doing a top 20 music countdown. Is there a way to bring audio from another source, where I can fade in/out and control volume? I have a samson mixing board but no usb/fwire output. Thanks — ... (1 Comment)
1/18/10
I purchased a piano lesson and some how I recorded about 3 seconds of sound in the lesson. It shows up as a small green bar under the lesson. I want to remove it from the lesson and I have NO IDEA how to do thgis. Any ideas? — Carlos Rivera ... (2 Comments)
1/18/10
I recently viewed your video on how to create custom titles in Seashore to import into iMovie 09. I found the video extremely informative and have been able to create the custom titles. However, when I try and import them into my movie clips, they land at the beginning or end ... (1 Comment)
1/18/10
My mac has a mixed color line down the middle. I’ve looked everywhere for button presser tricks to fix it but i cant find any. When i restart it and it goes to my wallpaper, more and more lines come up. My mouse dissapears when i run it over the lines. Also, the buttons ... (1 Comment)
1/18/10
i just rebooted my computer so i have to re-installed iTunes on it.But how do i have to do to redownload my songs,pics,playlists from my iPod back to computer? — Booty Garrett ... (1 Comment)
1/18/10
I have an external monitor I use with my MacBook Pro. The MBP is the secondary monitor in this system. Somehow, when I unplug the external display, it isn’t resetting to make the MPB the primary monitor again, and I can find any setting or keyboard shortcut to make it ... (1 Comment)
1/17/10
Whats the quickest and easiest way to restart my zoom feature I use the command button and the scroll wheel on the top of my mouse its mouse. Well I was add add ons in firefox and i think it messed up my zoom shortcut preferences what the best way to undo this — Edward ... (1 Comment)
1/17/10
I just bought a used imac and while setting it up, I must have missed something. In my finder under “places”, the little house is labeled “newuser”. How can I rename that icon to my user name? — Tom Kennedy ... (4 Comments)
1/16/10
Just received my new iMac i7 and copied all data from my old 24″ iMac. But for some reason it left out my bootcamp drive (partition). Do you know what needs to be done, to get my old Windowsperformance under bootcamp (vm ware) running on my new computer ? Is it possible to ... (1 Comment)
1/15/10
Could you sometime talk about IP addresses – – what are they, what are their purposes, why are some static and others not, are there security implications related to IP addresses, should we make any particular settings relative to them, etc.? Thanks. — John ... (2 Comments)
1/15/10
I have a Mac Mini with an intel Core 2 Duo 1.83GHz. With in the last week when I turned it on it came up with the message that the System clock was set to 12-31-2000 and certain app might not work correctly. I first suspected the 3V Lithium battery as being bad. I purchased ... (5 Comments)
1/15/10
I have been importing photos from my iPhone via iPhoto for the past few months. Yesterday, while writing a blog, I wanted to embed a photo I had taken on my iPhone, which I knew to be in iPhoto. Using Finder I opened Pictures, but could not open the iPhoto library folder. It ... (5 Comments)
1/14/10
I take a lot of photos. I like to make slideshows of them, burn them onto a DVD and send it to family. The photos look fantastic on my new Macbook Pro, but the photo quality isn’t as good on the DVD as the Mac. When I play back the photos on an HD TV, they look fuzzy. What ... (29 Comments)
1/14/10
I have documents on my mac created in pages and would like to have them on my iphone is this possible? Is there an app available can someone help please — Andy ... (4 Comments)
1/13/10
I have been syncing an iPhone with iTunes since the phone came out. A few weeks ago I had my iPhone 3G replaced under warranty and for some reason iTunes won’t “remember” my sync options for podcasts anymore. Previously, I was able to check off which shows I ... (2 Comments)
1/13/10
Hello, I have 3 Macbook Pro’s and one AirPort Extreme (bought dec 2008), all has been working flawlessly for a year until about two-three weeks ago. This is what happens: Old Macbook Pro (2007) – Works perfectly 100% of the time, always at least 20mbit/s ... (6 Comments)