MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

12/13/09
Hi, I set up my iPhone voicemail and entered a password. Now whn I get a vociemail, I go right to message and I am not prompted for the password…. Shouldn’t I be? For privacy sake? — Jason Dennis Valade ... (4 Comments)
12/13/09
Hello Gary. the new feature of itunes genius mixes is great i use it a lot and it picks up great songs. Recently i have bought several comedy albums from iTunes and i got an extra item in the genius mixes called “comedy mix”, which is great. but when i sync my ... (1 Comment)
12/12/09
Mistakenly dropped iPhoto icon in trash. Can’t find it anywhere. How can my photo library be restored? (using iMac) — Gerald Hutton ... (2 Comments)
12/12/09
Ok, SO I finally got an iPhone 3GS and I have a question. If I add a new ringtone to iTunes and then want to add it manually to my phone, iTunes erases all other media. Is there a way to add individual ringtones without erasing everything? — Jason ... (9 Comments)
12/12/09
Hello, I was just wondering if you could give me some names and URL’s of some applications that can uninstall an application for you, because I looked at a video of yours on Youtube and it was about uninstalling applications and you said look at your website and there will ... (1 Comment)
12/11/09
hi what is rehearse slide show for ? — harshada ... (1 Comment)
12/11/09
Dear Garry, We have been enjoying your podcasts – thank you! We have a time capsule to work as a backup drive for our iMac and our Macbook Pro using time machine. The problem is that both computers compete for space on the time capsule and one always runs out of space. This ... (10 Comments)
12/11/09
Hello I have an iMac with Snow Leopard V 10.6.2 When I put it to sleep (Opt + Com + Eject) it will wake up when I press the space bar or move the mouse after a short sleep. I find after a long sleep, about an hour or more, it won’t wake up when I press the space bar or ... (1 Comment)
12/11/09
how can i export the movie from quick time to make a dvd i do not have quick time pro!! — nirja ... (1 Comment)
12/11/09
Gary, I have a question about audio books in iTunes. I don’t see anywhere that I can choose which ones I want to sync on my iPhone. They are all being synced and I only want to one I am listening too. Can you please help me out. Thanks a bunch. Phil — Phil Paxman ... (3 Comments)
12/11/09
can i listen to the voice in my i tunes so as to set the timing of the slides accordingly — nova ... (2 Comments)
12/11/09
I would like to know if there is a way to do this. It only does text but the all the artwork is missing. — Paul ... (1 Comment)
12/11/09
hi when i make a slide show in i movies can i set timings for each slide — nova ... (1 Comment)
12/10/09
I have about a bazillion fonts I’ve collected over the years, dating back to my PC days. While migrating over from a MacBook to a new MacBook Pro, I noticed I have over 1200 fonts installed and activated! Help! What is the best way for me to get a handle on this tangled ... (1 Comment)
12/10/09
I got the MacBrook Pro a couple months ago and am unsure what to do when it comes to knowing what to do with the battery. Should I leave it plugged in while I’m using it, even it if has a full battery? How often should I let the battery drain to almost nothing? And lastly, ... (1 Comment)
12/10/09
Can I use the mobileme when my iPhone has no internet? — Qin Chao ... (1 Comment)
12/10/09
Hi Gary, since i installed 10.6 I experienced much more disadvantages than advantages, and i deeply regret to have updates so fast. For example do I have two Color LaserPrinter from HP and Lexmark and lost both drivers. Still no updated drivers available. Just the old inkjet ... (3 Comments)
12/10/09
Hi, I use Firefox and Snow Leopard, and if I open Firefox when I already have other applications open, Firefox always opens behind the other windows. I then have to Cmd-Tab twice or click on any portion of the Firefox window I can see to bring it to the front. Any ideas? — ... (3 Comments)
12/10/09
i need to make a dvd with i photes with specific music piece in each slide the song is of 1 hour and the slides are 50 every time the same slide should have the same music piece the timings are not fixed please guide me how should i go about it — nirja ... (10 Comments)
12/9/09
hi gary when i was a windows user i was using quicke for my banking record keeping , it seems quicke is never going to come out with there latest quicken for macs what program do you recommend in its place — paulie3660 ... (1 Comment)