MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

11/13/09
How do I Minimize ALL windows on a Mack. I am a PC user and would like to know what the Mac solution is. I don’t mind buying 3rd party software to get this feature. I have Googled this issue and still do not have an answer. Help… — Steven K James ... (5 Comments)
11/13/09
Hi, I’ve often wondered if it is safe to physically move a Mac Notebook from one location to another whilst in Sleep mode. Thanks. — James McEwan ... (1 Comment)
11/12/09
hi gary as i told you before i am nrw to mac and i was wondering why safari quits unexpectedly for instance i will be watching a lynda . com trining video and i will be following along doing some action and safari just quits unexpectently is this a bug in safari or am i doing ... (16 Comments)
11/12/09
hello gary for some reason my mail program in my mbp is not working well. i am talking about the audio notification. i am using a different audio file. so when ever i get an email that audio file starts. in my mac mini thats working fine. but in my mbp it is not working ... (1 Comment)
11/12/09
I just saw an ad for the upcoming PhoneSuit Primo battery pack and it got me to thinking – what do you recommend for an external battery pack for the iPhone? Thanks. — George ... (1 Comment)
11/12/09
I’m experiencing the same problem with every 3rd party dialing app I download. This issue started after the 3.0 software update. Initially, I purchased a photo dialer app which I thought would really help trying to make a call while driving, which it did! I found it much ... (2 Comments)
11/11/09
Having enlisted the help of the appropriate gods and spirits, my main remaining problem as I attempt to bring my MacBook Pro 17″ with Snow Leopard 10.6.2 back from the edge is with the System Preferences. It fails to show the first time I call upon it from the Apple menu ... (1 Comment)
11/10/09
Hi everyone, thanks for being here! My niece just got a Mac w/ OS X on it. She has no experience with this O/S. I am quite knowledgeable about windows but just starting to look into the Mac thing, so I can Dump Bill Gates! Is there a way I can set up her Mac to read windows mail ... (4 Comments)
11/10/09
I accedently “learned” a ward in apple mail and it was the wrong spelling. How do I unlearn the word. — Doug Dagan ... (1 Comment)
11/10/09
How do I copy a video from a web site for use in a keynote presentation — Larry ... (1 Comment)
11/10/09
I would like to ask how do we convert an MP3 audioboook into M4B format. — Sam ... (2 Comments)
11/9/09
My MacBook Pro 17″ with latest Snow Leopard is showing all sorts of symptoms in the system, Text Edit (note my earlier post re: listing apps in a text file), strange messages at startup, crashing Adobe products…every session brings more surprises. My question: Given ... (1 Comment)
11/9/09
When I start Safari 4, the first thing that happen is that it shows 2 untitled tabs to me which disappear immediately. I deleted the preferences, but nothing changed. I updated to 10.6.2, but the the “problem” is still going on. What is happening? — robert ... (1 Comment)
11/9/09
hello, when i choose sync music with my iPhone all albums sync to my iPhone, which is expected. but i was wondering could i choose certain albums so they could never be synced with my iPhone, even if i choose sync my must???? wishes hsn — Hassan ... (1 Comment)
11/9/09
I bought a few DVDs from England because they weren’t available in the US, but it won’t play on my DVD player. It will play on my Mac SuperDrive, but I am allowed to switch the region code only 4 times. If I switch it region 2 rip the DVDs to my Mac, will I be able ... (3 Comments)
11/9/09
I have a Mac Pro with 4 hard drive bays and I am thinking of moving my home (user) folder to another hard drive, so in the end one hard drive will contain my system & app’s (boot drive), a drive with my home folder (data drive) and finally a Time Machine drive. I read ... (3 Comments)
11/9/09
Is there a way to create from the list of applications in my Applications folder a text file from which I can start a Bento database? — John Russell ... (3 Comments)
11/7/09
Don’t know if this is the proper place to seek help on this…but I’m at a loss. I created a movie file in FCP and exported it as a .Mov file. I moved it in to compressor and then to DVD SP. Now whenever I try to launch DVD SP a message says that it cannot find a ... (1 Comment)
11/6/09
hello! I was just wondering if anyone here knows and is willing to give me some tips on how can I make my own custom icons for my iPhone? I don’t want to use other people icons , resize, change color or alter them in any way, I wanna learn how to create my own! please if ... (2 Comments)
11/6/09
I would never go back to windows since my sis got me my 2nd MBP, but there is 1 annoying difference: In windows, if I was set to replace a file with one of the same name, a warning would come up & say 1 already exists. Same is true in OSX. The difference is the AGE (date ... (3 Comments)