MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

6/21/10
when sending an attachment, I don’t mind if mail treats a picture as something I want to appear in the email itself…. but I do mind if on occasion, mail treats a pdf as something I want to appear in the body of the email. How can I prevent a pdf from doing this in ... (3 Comments)
6/21/10
How does one delete a sticky? — Matt ... (1 Comment)
6/21/10
Hello: I am trying to make the toolbar icons and text for safari and word for mac bigger. I know how to increase the font on the screens but not on the toolbars. Any ideas? Thanks — Mirel ... (3 Comments)
6/20/10
will the 3G get the iOS4.0 on Monday june 21 st ? i read somewhere that only the 3GS will be updated. very concerned mike — marnoldi ... (4 Comments)
6/19/10
Gary is a good idea to back up my final movie to the same DVD that I made my DVD with? Or is okay to use other good DVD-R for my back ups. I use Verbatim digital real for my final movie and back ups with Verbatim DVD-R, the in the orange package. — Richard ... (2 Comments)
6/19/10
Greetings from Vancouver Gary! I currently have a Macbook and Iphone that I regularly sync. I also use a task manager / GTD program called THINGS that I sync with them. I would like to get an iMAC as well. How would I go about syncing all 3 devices (I understand that MobileMe ... (1 Comment)
6/19/10
Anyone else experiencing any issues with the newest update? After I did, the mouse periodically is non responsive, Apple applications freezes before actually opening. It doesn’t freeze with the adobe suite or Microsoft office apps. Also, it does not recognize my external ... (3 Comments)
6/19/10
Hi, I have been trouble accessing various programs that need the internet to update and download stuff (itunes for example) but for some reason it doesn’t connect to the internet. I have firefox and that works fine. I also have Chrome but that doesn’t work either it ... (10 Comments)
6/18/10
When you download fonts where do you download them to? — Milagros ... (1 Comment)
6/18/10
With the new upgrade to the OS – Time machine is now asking to create a new backup – which will result it losing my history of the old backup. Is there any way to keep the old backup history? Sometimes, I delete stuff of my computer, knowing that if I do need it, I ... (13 Comments)
6/18/10
Hey I was just wandering what would be better for the house the Mac Book Pro or Mac Book Air — George Hill ... (2 Comments)
6/18/10
Hi, My iMac’s logic board has recently been replaced. Now I notice that in iTunes my iMac wasn’t authorized any more, so I authorized it and it told me that I now have four computers authorized, which isn’t true. The computers that I have authorized: iMac, ... (3 Comments)
6/17/10
Hi, I am new to mac and this is my first macbook pro laptop 13″. I was wondering what applications is helpful for college? And as for bags or cases for my laptop what would you guys recommend? And is it okay to close the lid and go or should I highly recommend shutting it ... (1 Comment)
6/17/10
Here’s what I get w/Safari… every time: “We’re sorry, but the Safari browser version you are currently using does not support the community toolbar.” There are NO toolbars in my library… no reference to “community toolbar” on my iMac. The net is rife with the ... (170 Comments)
6/17/10
hi gary i was wondering if you know if the mini display port on the 27imac is capable of audio out like on the new macbooks because i want to connect my imac to my tv via mini to hdmi to watch films but dont want to buy an adaptor if its not capable of audio and video with one ... (1 Comment)
6/17/10
How to for iPad: 1. Reduce size of multiple images in a folder. 2. Zip the folder containing these reduced size images. 3. Transfer this zipped file to MobileMe account. — Sandeep Rathee ... (5 Comments)
6/17/10
Hi… I currently back up my data from iMac G5 to DVD & catalogue it on my Powerbook G4 so whatever I need to find in future is easy! However yesterday the DVD didn’t mount on the PowerBook… it just ejects it…. I have been doing this for a few years ... (1 Comment)
6/16/10
I’ve been to Denver International Airport and the Brooklyn Marriott during the first part of June, 2010. Both have free wifi, but you need to agree to usage terms and conditions as part of the initial login process. In both cases the iPad would not display the popup ... (1 Comment)
6/16/10
hi gary i have a problem with keychain when i enter my user name and password into some site keychain does not ask to save these but it works with other sites i have safari prefrences set to save passwods yet does not on some sits 1 for me being twitter for example all help is ... (3 Comments)
6/16/10
I have an iPhone 3GS and I’m having a syncing problem. Somehow my phone now has my contacts from both MobileMe and using the iTunes direct syncing. I’ve tried turning each of them off, and I’ve tried overwriting the contacts, but I can’t seem to get rid ... (1 Comment)