MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

3/16/10
Hi, Gary, Which are the main text editors (excluding Textedit; Microsoft Word, Pages, OpenOffice and Neooffice? (lf any!) Loving your Podcasts, Teddy! — Teddy ... (2 Comments)
3/16/10
So I’m not sure what happened here, but every time I send a mail using mail.app, it locks up and I have to force quit. How would you suggest proceeding to figure out the problem? — Todd Peperkorn ... (1 Comment)
3/16/10
I bought a new Internet Router because my old one broke. So, i tried to connect it to my MacBook, but it did not work. So I tried it on a PC, it worked – so its not the Router. I did go with the Assistent, it always tells me that the Password is wrong or that there is a ... (5 Comments)
3/15/10
Have a few custom rings set for family members that were working but are not now. All rings are the default ring even though certain contacts have a custom ring set. Any ideas as to what the problem may be? — RL ... (1 Comment)
3/15/10
Hi Gary I heard about the benefits of 1password, but one question stops me from committing to it. I use different computers, so what happens if I want to log on somewhere from a different computer than the one I have my 1password installed on? In other words, how can I remember ... (2 Comments)
3/15/10
Hi Gary, I was wondering if you have experienced any problems with the bluetooth on the iphone. Connecting can be a problem. Thanks — Michael ... (5 Comments)
3/14/10
How can I reset the “play count” column in iTunes? It seems like I did it once before but now I can’t figure it out. Thanks. — Bruce ... (4 Comments)
3/14/10
hi Gary. i have recently started using ichat for my google account and my facebook account. and i do love it but when i create any account there is the option of creating a mobileMe account. whats the difference between mobileMe a/c and a mac.com a/c, as i have created a mac.com ... (1 Comment)
3/14/10
Apple says my 2007-vintage Macbook Pro 15″ takes a maximum of 4 GB of RAM. That’s what it currently has. Do you know if the MBP can take more RAM than that which Apple says it can? And if so, does the MBP actually make use of the extra RAM? — Luigi ... (1 Comment)
3/14/10
A friend of mine asked: “Is there an equivalent to the delete key that removes a character to the right of the cursor? The delete key itself functions like the backspace; so I have been moving the cursor to the right of what I want to erase and then press ... (2 Comments)
3/13/10
Hey everyone. I am going to be purchasing a vinyl cutting machine to make graphics for my home business. The machine I want does not have driver support for the intel based macs, only 32 bit versions of windows. However I a strong desire to do creative design on a MBP. My ... (4 Comments)
3/13/10
Would defragging a Mac improves its performance? Any downside? What defragging software would you recommend? — Adriel ... (1 Comment)
3/13/10
I noticed that not all of my apps on my iPhone are showing up on my iTunes. When I check the “sync applications” box, it says it will sync my phone with iTunes (which doesn’t list all the apps I have on my phone). How do I get iTunes to import all the apps on ... (5 Comments)
3/13/10
Hi everyone, Whenever I want to watch a YouTube video, I get this weird YouTube page: video isn’t loading, comments are messed up, and it tells me to “Go Upgrade” — which I did. So I did what YT asked me (upgrade flash). And I’m still having the same ... (3 Comments)
3/13/10
I want to install Leopard in my Imac 20 g5 ppc, and I can not lose all my old programs compatibilities,ok? I have an ext hd 400 gig that I partitioned in 250 for backup and 150 for data. Can I install my old 10.4.11 in the 150 part and make it boot able? So I can use both of them ... (1 Comment)
3/12/10
Hi Gary last week i visit Apple store because i had difficulty with my Macbook Pro. i had little conversation with Apple Genius and i ask him if i need AntiVirus for my Mac. Then, he said i don’t need. Then, he said ” all mac you see in the store have AntiVirus in ... (3 Comments)
3/12/10
hi gary if i wish to buy an i pad will i be able to copy quotes(which i like) from a e book and paste it in my diary or any other app and also can i bookmark a page when i close the book!! — nirja ... (1 Comment)
3/11/10
How do I get a new address for laptop? I no longer can get online with my laptop. How do I set up new address on laptop? — Jodie Hickman ... (2 Comments)
3/11/10
Is it possible to setup two Apple TV’s in the same house? Would I need two computers to do that? And would they work together? Thanks, — Nash ... (4 Comments)
3/11/10
Don’t know what it’s used for. I have 212 RSS items in one of my mailboxes. Don’t know how to open it, what those items are, what they’re for, I’m unable to look at them, right click, left click. If it’s something I don’t need, I ... (3 Comments)